Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers quiz result and text in choice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cpliu
    cpliu
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    2 pts
    @cpliu

I noticed a strange problem when using Lectora in Workday Learning. I don’t recall seeing that with the previous LMS we used.

Users scored 100 and got immediate right answer feedback after each question was answered. Then at the result page, it showed 90 points. I turned the debugging on and noticed that one question consistently didn’t get student response saved was judged as wrong answer in the lines sent to LMS.

I did a few tests:

• Removed the question: score = 100.
    • Recreated the question by copying and pasting text from original: score = 90 again.
    • Removed the double quotes and possibly tab or multiple spaces at the end of the right answer text: 100 points.

For now, I just removed all the double quotes in that question to make it work. I don’t believe double quotes alone can be the reason for this as I have other questions with double quotes without a problem. Is there any restriction on the characters not to use? Is there a encoding standard it should use? e.g. ANSI vs Unicode? I tried to copy and paste the text through Notepad to make it non-formatted when copying back to Lectora.

Any pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

#447918 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

There have been problems with certain special characters, e.g. nbsp. Lectora is aware of the issue with double quotes and shows a warning. This should normally not be a problem.

#447966 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

I speculate: could these be “Smart” quotes caused by pasting the question from Microsoft Word, or another program that changes the character you type to a different one, without asking?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.