Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Randomised test results not marking 100% on first try

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kathryn Wheeler
    Kathryn Wheeler
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @kwheeler6084

Hi all

I have an assessment that appears to be missing results if you get all the questions right first go. If you get any wrong, it seems to function correctly. It did originally work, and now we don’t know why it isn’t.

The Test is set to be 100% for pass, it has 2 sub sections, one being all questions required, the other is a random 3 from a larger pool. Total of 8 questions must be 100% correct to pass.

I am using the automatic results page at the end – Lectora 16.2.2 build.

Because it isn’t scoring correctly, if you get it right first attempt, the LMS isn’t being updated to match. Its SCORM 1.2, not ideal, but all we can use in the LMS without getting an error.

Content is sensitive, so I can’t upload the file here, but if anyone can help in any way, please let me know!

#332130 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    309 pts
    @timk

Hi,

it’s difficult to solve, without seeing the title. You couldn’t remove all sensitive content and share it?

There are some things I can think of:

1. Do you have any quotes or special characters or non-breaking spaces in the question text or the correct answers of any of the questions? These may result in that question being scored as “incorrect” even with the correct answer. Change your results page to display incorrectly answered questions to see, whether one of them is not “correct”, although the correct answer has been selected.
    2. Do you have “Use Javascript Title Manager” and “Include Title Manager Frame” checked in the Publishing options?
    3. You write you have the first test section not-randomized and the second randomized. Maybe that confuses Lectora. Try to randomize the first section as well, you can set it to “5 pages”. Then the test will still contain all questions from the section, only in randomized sequence.

Tim

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #332155 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

I was going to suggest option 3!

#332781 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    309 pts
    @timk

I just ran into the same issue… so I can confirm that a randomized test is not processed  automatically when clicking the next button on the last question page.

I have a test with 6 sections all randomized, I have “Use Javascript Title Manager” and “Include Title Manager” checked, but I am getting no score, the next button on the last question page just goes to the next page, which is the Test Results page. It seems the Test is processed when clicking Next on the Test Results Page (which is the last page in the test chapter). Probably a test will be processed correctly if you have no Results Page and last question page is the last page in the chapter.

@kwheeler6084 In your case this would mean, that the score, that is displayed on the results page after your second attempt actually is the score from the first attempt.

I could solve the issue by adding a Process Test / Survey action to the Next button, which is on Test chapter level. It now has two actions:

On: Click
    Action: Go to
    Target: Next page

Condition: Only if “PageInChapter” is not equal to “7” (enter the index of your last question page)

On: Click
    Action: Process Test / Survey
    Target: Test 1

Condition: Only if “PageInChapter” is equal to “7”

Tim

#333443 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Kathryn Wheeler
    Kathryn Wheeler
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @kwheeler6084

Hi timk,

No to point 1.

Yes to point 2.

Point 3… bit tricky as it doesn’t seem to make a difference, and the fact that it was working then suddenly wont!

I manually made it use a variable to check for the correct number of questions and change AICC_Lesson_status = passed to complete within the LMS.

For some reason if I put a process survey on the last page or exit, the LMS wont close the window, and doesn’t do anything. Random but it’s not just this title that occurs on – awesome LMS issues lol.

So that work around is fine for the moment only because we just want a passed/failed and don’t need a score to be transferred. but going forward, I have a feeling it’s going to be an ongoing issue :/ … watch this space!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.