Explore the community Forums Lectora Web Accessibility Readers skipping and omitting content follow-up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Darrell Foley
    Darrell Foley
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    contributor
    4 pts
    @Web-Foley

Hello,

From the recent LAUG conference call (Aug 27, 2020) I promised I’d throw together a sample of a Lectora 18 course I’m getting anomalies with in a JAWS reader.

I’ve attached a Word document in the attached zip file (along with the awt) that details more specifics, but in short, I’m wondering if someone can test a publish in Lectora 19 to see if these show up.

As I mentioned on the call, one of the things I noticed is that when I do an HTML publish and Preview directly from the Publish prompt (rather than, let’s say opening a001_welcome.html in a Chrome browser), this is when most things do NOT read correctly in JAWS (skipping content on the page, or usually just omitting it entirely).

Since I will ultimately be publishing for SCORM 1.2 (and this would default require/select the Include Title Frame Manager) it is the more accurate setting for replicating my issues while viewing on the clients LMS. But this seems to be the biggest issue as it’s messing up the Screen Reader.

Suggestions or findings from a Lectora 19 publish?
    Thanks,

Darrell.

Attachments:
    1. DemoTest.zip
    #449986 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

Hey @web-foley I was on the LAUG yesterday. Thanks for the file! I’ll give this a try with v19 and see how JAWS reads it locally and when published to our server.

#450049 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

@web-foley with v19 the first page was read ok for me, and I also heard the MC question and choices correctly.

I am seeing some of the other pages missing the reading as you described. I have a bug open to track this, but maybe someone from the LAUG may have some suggestions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.