Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Receiving Error on Final Test Results Page

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    324 pts
    @timk

Or copy the assessment related pages to a new title, replace/remove proprietary material  and upload the AWT here.

#410614 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ryan Carlson
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Appreciate the help guys! I have stripped it of proprietary material and uploaded the zip here. Let me know if you guys are able to see anything…

Thanks!

Ryan

#410620 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    21 pts
    @cainam

First thing I noticed is that you have an action at the chapter (Test) level to reset the Test which will fire on every page of the test – is that on purpose?

#410623 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

I thought the same thing… I was mimicking a similar test that someone else made at my company. I’ve tried it with and without that action, but it still seems to behave the same on the Results page.

#410625 Score: 0
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    21 pts
    @cainam

yes, it does seem to behave the same on the last page – was just wondering if that was there all along, it may have been the cause of your initial issue you posted.

#410628 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Ahh yeah. Gotcha. Complicated enough, I didn’t add this action until I made the custom results page that I modeled after another person’s course. There’s functions, and mine does not. Neither of us can figure out what’s different with mine…

#410637 Score: 0
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    21 pts
    @cainam

The page not showing appears to be tied up with your ‘Checklist’ image.  (original width of 7,130).  Get rid of that pic, or replace it with a new version and see what happens for you.

#410640 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Thanks, Adam. That for sure was the issue with the page displaying. It’s odd that the variable still isn’t displaying correctly though. I can now see in the debug window that everything is firing too… Am I not supposed to have the On Show actions on the page level? That is how the person I work with did it too. Hmm.

#410642 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

i meant to say theirs* functions…  yikes.

#410644 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Wow. I think I’ve got a few more bugs to work out, but I for sure think you saved me with that image. After recreating the text box and action of change contents, on the test results page, I’m not able to visually see the proper score!

#410649 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Robert Watkins
    Robert Watkins
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @rwatkins9162

Hi,

I was reading the thread. Did you place the Results onto a page using the Results Designer? You shouldn’t need to custom create the results page. Reference the frame grab for what I mean.

#410693 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    324 pts
    @timk

I’ve checked your file and there are some details in it that are not the way they are meant to be.

The “Process Test” action checks all questions, calculates the score and takes the user to the page with the results object. This means the action must not be on the same page as the results object, because the score and the other relevant variables from that the results are built won’t be ready in time and it can’t really move to the results page as it’s already there.

The action has to be on the last question page or on a page before the results page. That’s why Lectora adds a “Last test page” by default. You don’t have to keep this page but you have to add the action to the Next button or a “Submit test” button on the last question page. This Next button should not have a “Go to: Next page” action 😉

On the Results page is a button by default that goes to the next page. But this is not a normal “Go to” action and it won’t necessarily go to the next page. It goes to the pages defined in the test properties for “On: Passed” and “On: Failed / Cancelled”. In earlier versions of Lectora this action was also called “Process test”, not sure why they changed it. It may cause issues if you don’t have a page to go to that’s outside the test chapter.

If you want to use a custom results page I’d advise to have this page outside the test and make the test go to it. Through this you can make sure that the attempt in the test is fully completed. I’m not sure why you’re using a custom results variable. Latest when outside the test chapter you’ll be able to use Lectoras results variable, “Test_Score” in your example. This also allows to use conditions like, if “Test_Score” “is passed” that works even if you change the “Lowest passing score”. By the way: A “Lowest passing score” of 80 in a 4 question test is the same as 100%.

I agree with Adam about the “Reset Test” action on chapter level. No idea what it may be good for. But it should mean that the score is “0” again and all questions are reset when any page is opened. Of course it won’t reset your custom score variable but the results object would not work as expected (even if technically correct).

… a lot of text but I hope it helps.

#410695 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    324 pts
    @timk

And here’s your file with a working results object.

#410699 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Thank you all for your help. I know I threw at on at you.

Robert Watkins – Thank you. I was having trouble with Lectora’s default results page. Something I should probably tackle again later. I was discouraged when I heard from others that they usually don’t try and use the default results page because it’s a bit clunky for them. I’ll explore this again later.

Tim- Thanks for all of your insight. This was very helpful. In my training, we didn’t go over the test results feature in depth, so I’m mimicking others work, and I had a tough time determining what they had in their Test out of necessity and what was there by mistake. The Process Test piece you shared is HUGE and has solved my problem.

I didn’t try moving this because they had the “Process Test” action on page show for their results page. For whatever reason, their course let the page display still. A bit confusing… My test did not like this obviously. Thanks for further explaining to me that. I also appreciate the heads up on the Test_Score function. Does this mean there would be a default variable to actually display a percentage score though? It will come in handy for determining what to show and not to show on a results page, of course though.

Also, yeah, I realized the 80% deal after a while, but still figured it wouldn’t hurt to keep it as is. I guess I should being deceptive and allow a learner to think 80% in this case is actually achievable and be up-front about the fact they have to ace it 100%.

Adam – Thanks again for taking the time to sift through my mess of a test.

#410703 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    324 pts
    @timk

Lectora creates %-score variables for each (graded) test and for each test section. Check the “Reserved” tab in the variable manager (Tools > Variables) to find them.

I’m using the results object regularly and it’s usually doing a good job.

When searching the community about the custom results page you should be aware that it only exists since (I believe) v16.1. The custom results page in versions before that was … impressive. I’ve spent hours to customize it with very interesting effects. The current object really is a massive improvement, even if your options to customize it are still restricted. But at least it’s an object on a normal page that can be edited normally. Trying to add a simple image to the old results page made Lectora freeze, crash, corrupt the whole title, slow down the computer and / or a combination of unique/custom effects, none of which was nice. Even when you did not try to customize it, it was unstable.

But again: The current results object is a good thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.