March 1, 2016 at 3:08 PM #306393
Jennifer ValleyMember117 pts@jvalley4735
Chrome is the best browser (in my opinion). There shouldn’t be any issues with sharing the files then because I’m running 16.0.2. If you’re not having any luck can you add me as a reviewer for the course? That should help us figure out if it’s Lectora or something browser related.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
March 1, 2016 at 3:10 PM #306397
- This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Jennifer Valley.
Jennifer ValleyMember117 pts@jvalley4735
As soon as a file is added onto your title it’s also saved in a media folder so it’s always available. Get into the Media folder and delete the offending audio. Once you go to open Lectora again it’s going to say there’s a resource missing and you’ll just want to continue without it. Then you can insert the audio back in at your own free will.
I got the same issue your seeing in ReviewLink. It’s saying there’s something wrong with the auto start option. I’ll ask around and see what I can find out.March 1, 2016 at 4:23 PM #306411
I am slowly working through the problems. I found the audio files in PPT and managed to import them into my project, but for some reason, only the audio for the last slide plays, and it plays on every slide as if it’s inherited, but it isn’t on the inherited page. Thoughts? Should I upload the project here again?March 2, 2016 at 5:03 AM #306418
I’ve opened your project in Lectora 11 and it’s working quite well.
0. Please always upload AWTs together with all additional folders, “images”, “media” etc. otherwise all media files are missing.
1. You should convert all audio files to mp3. You can let Lectora convert it during publication but it’s easier to work with mp3s in the title. Remember to delete the .wav files from the media folder once they are all converted.
2. You can choose a different player layout in the audio properties but that’s only available for mp3s.
3. On: Done Playing works only for mp3s.
4. Which operating system are you running? If it’s Windows 10 make sure to update the system to the newest version. I’ve had many problems with different Lectora projects due to issues between Windows 10 and the flashplayer. These seem to have been resolved in the latest Windows update.
TimMarch 3, 2016 at 10:10 AM #306463
0. I’m not sure how to do this.
1., 2., 3. Noted
4. I’m running Windows 7, I believe. Should I ask my IT department about upgrading me to 10?March 3, 2016 at 3:42 PM #306473
Because I’ve never worked with Lectora 16 in a real project I’ve used your project to get some practice.
Mind that I’ve made some changes:
1. I’ve converted all audios to mp3 and placed them on the pages with the standard player.
2. I’ve moved the “Next” button to title level. There’s no need for a separate button on any page if they’re all doing the same action.
3. I’ve changed your questions feedback to run an action group, instead of only displaying the message. The Next button is now displayed when the question has been answered (and the feedback message has been clicked “OK”).
TimMarch 3, 2016 at 3:44 PM #306475
Thanks Tim, I’ll check this out shortly. The reason the Next button was on each page was because I want it to only appear when the audio for each individual page has finished playing. Can that be done from the title page, when you’re talking about 13 different audio clips?March 3, 2016 at 3:51 PM #306476
Now that I’ve looked at it, I see that it answers my question. Thanks again!March 3, 2016 at 3:59 PM #306477
It can easily be done. You can select any object as a target that is on the same page or on superior levels, esp. title level (or on chapter / section level if you had chapters or sections). You just can’t select objects that are on different pages / chapters / sections. The button on title level is “initially invisible” so it’s invisible whenever a page is loaded and can be shown when the page audio is done playing. That’s why the action to show it is added to the audio and not to the button.
Of course now the next button is invisible when a question page is loaded as well. If you don’t like the way I show the next button on those pages you can delete these actions from the action groups and add an action to show it to the page.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.