Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Katharina M
    Katharina M
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    group mod
    @kmenke9608

Hey guys,

at the moment I’m trying to build the views for phones and tablets.
    Desktop: I’m using a horizantal menu. But it is too long for the other views.

I can’t change the menu only for phone/tablet, right? Am I right that I have to insert a new one for phone and tablet and place the “old” horizontal menu out of the screen?

I’m not sure whether that is the right way because the result is: I have lots of items in each views out of the screen….

Thank you!

#322259 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    321 pts
    @timk

Seems like you can’t adjust a menu object for the different views. If you don’t want to build your own menu from scratch, you’d need 3 different menus, 1 for Desktop and Tablet Landscape, 1 for Phone Landscape and Tablet Portrait and 1 for Phone Portrait. That’ll make just 2 objects outside the stage 😉

Tim

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #322294 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

There isn’t a way to set the menu to show differently in the views but you can include two menus on the page, both hidden.  Then have one of them show depending on what view the learner is in.  The variable is called Current View and when placed in a course it recognizes what type of device is being run and can be used to show, hide and even complete more complex actions when needed.  Here’s a video that should help: https://community.trivantis.com/knowledge-base/device-rotation-and-current-view/

Attachments:
    #322296 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

have one of them show depending on what view the learner is in. The variable is called Current View and when placed in a course it recognizes what type of device is being run and can be used to show, hide and even complete more complex actions when needed.

I’m with Tim here. I’d definitely just drag it off the page. Much easier to maintain than all the extra actions.

#322322 Score: 0
    Katharina M
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    group mod
    @kmenke9608

Thanks for your help. Tim K, you are right: In the case of the menu object, there are only two objects outside the stage. But adjusting the rest of the content will end in more and more objects outside;) A fact I don’t like – but that’s of course subjective.

#322447 Score: 0
    Katharina M
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    group mod
    @kmenke9608

Hi guys,

new question or problem: If I move an object in phone-view it sometimes also changes its location in desktop-view. How can I avoid that? Could’nt figure out in which cases there’s a movement in both views and in which not.

Thanks – again:)

#322450 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

If you hold Ctrl+Shift while moving/resizing an object in any view, it will move/resize in all views regardless of inheritance.

Also, if you share your title, I’d be able to suggest ways to simplify its structure to avoid having too many objects off the page in each view.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.