Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Returning to last completed page – offline course

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of The AV-ator
    The AV-ator
    advanced
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    12 pts
    @TheAv-ator

Does anyone know of an easy way, or just a way in general, to return a user to the last page they completed in an offline published course?

Usually this sort of functionality is handled by most LMS solutions out there, where it will return you to the last page you were working in. Is there some sort of way to accomplish this using a button action or something in an offline published course where there is no LMS?

My basic layout is I have a “login” page where they user types in their name so the course has it for the end certificate. This takes them to a main menu page where they have buttons to start the course, buttons that open as each section becomes available, has the button to take them to the test when the course is done, and a button that will print their certificate if they don’t do it immediately after passing the test. Then I have 1 chapter for the actual content, and in the chapter are 9 sections with multiple pages each of actual content. If the user leaves, I’d like to have the main menu buttons be able to send them back to the last completed page of each section.

Thanks!

#380581 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    131 pts
    @mnotermans5114

you can use ‘cookies’ to save the page a user was one, and any needed variables to get him/her going where he stopped.

#380595 Score: 0
    Profile photo of The AV-ator
    The AV-ator
    advanced
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    12 pts
    @TheAv-ator

I probably should have specified that it’s a EXE packaged offline course.  Not sure if that changes anything.

<span class=”handle-sign”>@</span>mnotermans does the cookies thing work in an EXE or is it just in the Web (HTML) output? Do you have an example handy of how to use that? Would it entail some scripting or something to pull that info? I’m not a big scripter, but if I get a good starting point, I can usually hack my way through.

#380827 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    131 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Offline exes are different for sure. Best to forget your exe most of the time 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.