May 30, 2016 at 2:11 am #316439
I have an audio file. I select the file and then click on the sync events button as suggested in the docs. The editor opens up and allows me to mark events (the red triangles appear as events markers). I then want to quit editing. The system asks me if I want to save the file. I say yes and as soon as I do that the little red triangles disappear -and are no longer there, even if I reopen the file (from inside Lectora).
As you can imagine, this is both unexpected and frustrating.
Any clues?May 30, 2016 at 3:32 am #316440
Tim KMember352 pts@timk
What type of audio do you use? I’ve tested with a mp3 and it saved and fired the events correctly. It seems like events are not added to the audio file any more but to the player. If I change the source to another audio / video the events are fired again for the second file.
TimThis post has received 1 vote up.May 30, 2016 at 3:40 am #316442
Thank you Tim. I am using MP3. I am also using Lectora 12.x.4 I think, definitely not 16.
Interesting that the events are added to the player. As I have not had any experience with events before, it is a ll a bit strange, BUT si simply do not see the events and therefore cannot associate an action with them. I wonder what the problem on my system is. … ??? Flash??? Although I did install the latest version just a couple of days ago.
AndrewMay 30, 2016 at 3:51 am #316445
Tim KMember352 pts@timk
The new media player comes with Lectora 16.1 (i think). It should still be JW Player with Lectora 12. I remember I had similar problems from time to time when still using v11. It seemed to be some kind of encoding problem. I could solve it by converting the mp3 files to mp3 again (i can’t remember which tool i used, could have been Adobe Audition or maybe Camtasia).
TimMay 30, 2016 at 3:53 am #316446
That’s interesting… maybe I should try a different mp3 file – or maybe a wav file…May 30, 2016 at 4:00 am #316447
I tried it with a different mp3 file (much shorter) and it worked ok. Could be the length or could be the encoding or…. Interesting… Thanks that has been helpful… Maybe I will play around with the encoding…May 30, 2016 at 4:07 am #316448
Well… for information…
I took my mp3 file and converted it to wav using audacity. I then imported the wav file into a title and Lectora offered to convert it to MP3. I let it do that and now it remembers the events…
go figure… I guess it is an encoding problem after all.May 30, 2016 at 4:28 am #316449
Math NotermansMember129 pts@mnotermans5114
Allthough im not 100% sure… remembering from Lectora 11… audio-events are a windows specific thingy…so thats why it only works with wavs.May 30, 2016 at 4:33 am #316451
Hi Math… and thanks very much,
hmmm… maybe not… actually in my case it worked with a .WAV file that Lectora itself converted to MP3. In other words, MP3 is ok (at least under some circumstances).May 30, 2016 at 7:28 am #316458
Sergey SnegirevMember339 pts@ssneg
On one hand, Lectora now stores the cue points in the AWT and exports them to the HTML, so no cue point information is needed in the mp3 file. On the other hand, every time I change cue points using Lectora’s editor, the mp3 file is changed – so something is stored there. It’d be great to get a comment from Trivantis guys on this.
The ability to just swap audio and not worry about cue points or being able to adjust cue points by editing the AWT/HTML would be great, if confirmed. I am really liking the new media player.
On a separate note, the new mediaplayer has a simple and robust API for JS controls.May 30, 2016 at 7:31 am #316459
ok… sounds interesting… thanks SergeyAugust 12, 2016 at 7:11 am #324353
Make sure your files aren’t open somewhere else when you edit them in Lectora. I ran into this problem, but once I closed Audition (where I was recording them), I was able to save my edits with events in Lectora.August 15, 2016 at 10:15 pm #324522
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.