Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers SCORM 1.2 Display Issues in IE11

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gregory Nikolich
    Gregory Nikolich
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @gnikolich7540

I am experiencing issues with my SCORM courses in Internet Explorer 11.  By default, IE11 is set with compatibility mode turned on.  This is causing display issues and the inability to access the assessment at the end of the training.  We hesitate to recommend turning off compatibility mode in IE11 as it could impact some of our legacy applications.  It works fine in Google Chrome after you get past the popup blocker.  Is there a way to force the SCORM course to open in Google Chrome if you access the course from the LMS in IE11?  I would appreciate any possible work around to address this issue.

#395702 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    199 pts
    @Klaatu

A sample would help. Also, please elaborate on the display issues and the inability to access the assessment.

#395848 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Danny Quarton
    Danny Quarton
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @dquarton9857

There’s no way to force IE to open Chrome unfortunately – allowing websites to open other programs would be a security risk.

Do you know which compatibility mode IE is set to? I think there’s IE 7, 8, 9 and 10 modes. It is possible to make IE turn off compatibility mode by adding a line of “code” to the output files – but this isn’t really practical as it would have to be added to a lot of files every time you published.

Another option could be to display a warning on your LMS asking people to move to Chrome if they’re using IE. How you would go about doing that depends on what LMS you’re using – you’re best asking your provider.

#395872 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    22 pts
    @CarlFink

If your company uses group policies, they could tell company systems to not use IE’s Compatibility Mode on your specific site. No way for me to know how hard it would be to get your company to create such a policy.

#395875 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    118 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Depending on what LMS you use, you can set an option in the LMS to use a specific compatibility mode. Below 11 a lot will fail… make sure that setting is to the adequate setting… probably 11 and higher..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.