Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Seamless Play on mobile creates 'Tap/click here..' page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rose J
    Rose J
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @rjang.5151

Hi, I published a course with Seamless Play on and ‘Tap/Click here to begin’ page shows up at the very beginning whenever the course is launched on mobile. This page doesn’t appear in desktop.

This page is gone when I deselect Seamless Play but I need to keep this otherwise auto-play wouldn’t work on video contents.

Does anyone know the way to get rid of this ‘Tap/Click here’ page and keep auto-play working?

Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Profile photo of Rose J Rose J.
    #431292 Score: 1
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    22 pts
    @CarlFink

@rjang.5151, by design you can’t autoplay video on mobile without that one tap/click prompt. That’s the browser design, and browser writers will block every way to do so, once they become aware of it.

The only way to work around it, I believe, would be for Trivantis to make their own “Learning Player App” (for both iOS and Android). I don’t expect them to do that, and it would be a bad idea in my opinion, but it would work.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #431503 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

Mobile browser developers go to great lengths to prevent auto-play on mobile devices. They make sure that user has to click something before autoplay starts working. So every authoring tool will create some kind of a prompt on mobile devices for users to first click something.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.