Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Send email in background

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Renee Simons
    Renee Simons
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @rsimons.2180

Hi! I’m new to Lectora and have been plugging along getting courses set up fairly quickly but have run into something I’m having an issue with.   Our site has employees who will be using shared computers and who don’t necessarily have email accounts. I’ve managed to setup and test using a js action button with a pre-populated mailto and subject line but I need to tweak it.  I want the user to be able to click the submit button that a) attaches the test results (which I already have customized to include the employees name) to an email ,and b)triggers sending the email in the background without a visible window to the user.  I’ll be honest – my java skills are practically non-existent, so I don’t know if this is even possible.  Any advice or links to send me in the right direction would be appreciated.

#448200 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    74 pts
    @wheels

Hi Renee(@rsimons.2180),

You would need to do some server side scripting to send emails, or would need to include credentials in your client side scripting. These might be a little beyond what you want to do. That would be with any authoring tool.

If you have a gmail account (or you can get one) then you could use submit to Google to record results.

See more here at this older article:

Using Google Drive to Collect Results from Lectora

And here in our help:
    https://www.trivantis.com/help/Saba/18/ENG/Lectora_Help/Content/5011.html

There is also a way to set the Google sheet to send notification emails when new submissions are added.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.