Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Single AU progress tracking

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Emilija Pirganoska
    Emilija Pirganoska
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @epirganoska9037

Hi people,

I am trying to track the progress of a SCORM made of only one assignable unit. For example, I have 1 AU with 4 chapters inside and I want when the user finishes the first chapter, the LMS to show me that he/she has seen 25% of the course. Any ideas how can this be achieved? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#388222 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

The easiest way should be to use the score for tracking the progress. Just add an action on the last page of chapter 1:

On: Show
    Action: Modify variable
    Target: AICC_Score
    Type: Set equal to
    Value: 25

Add a condition:

Only if “AICC_Score” “less than” 25

Add the same actions to the last pages of the other chapters with adjusted values.

You could also use a custom variable and retain it between sessions. The value would then be saved to the cmi.suspend_data field in the LMS.

#388479 Score: 0
    Emilija Pirganoska
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @epirganoska9037

Tim, thank you so much for your help! You have no idea how much you helped me.

Actually, I thought of using the score for tracking the progress, but I didn’t think of using a custom variable (because using AICC_Score will be confusing when I have a quiz in Lectora, I will not be able to know which points come from the quiz, and which points come from the progress.) But with custom variable is perfect!

Thanks again and have a great day! 🙂

#388516 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mallow76
    mallow76
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    23 pts
    @mallow76

You’ll only be able to see the value of the custom variable from within your LMS if there is somewhere already there that reads the value of the suspend_data field. Or if you are able to create a report that specifically pulls this information. Additionally, if you are retaining other variables for anything then this particular custom variable will be somewhere in the middle of a long string of values.

Using the score approach would be easiest/best but as you say this might not be appropriate if/when you include a test.

#388629 Score: 0
    Emilija Pirganoska
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @epirganoska9037

Yes, there is a suspend_data field within the LMS we are using. I think custom variable is a great solution, especially if there is a test in Lectora. At least, it’s some way of seeing the progress of the learners, since I have been trying to achieve this other than with the score. Otherwise, when there is no test included, AICC_Score could be used for tracking progress.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.