Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Sliding scale quiz points

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom Lacey-Johnson
    Tom Lacey-Johnson
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    2 pts
    @tomljagogo

Hi,

I have a multiple choice quiz made up of 2 and 3 possible answer questions. What I would like to do is to have it so that upon getting an answer wrong the score goes down by 1 point. On each question I have them scored by number of possible answers i.e 2 points for 2 answers (this also goes for attempts too). So if the student gets it right on the last attempt then they get 1 point.

#298185 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    55 pts
    @wendymiller

Hi Tom,

You cannot do what you’re trying to do directly with the point values of question objects. But what you can do is to set up your own user-defined variables, one for each question, and modify the value of those variables every time the user attempts to answer the question. Then when the quiz is done, use the values of your user-defined question variables to calculate the score as you wish and then set the value of the reserved variables for the test score manually rather than letting Lectora calculate the score based on the point values of the question objects. The values of both AICC_Score and the reserved variable that is automatically created when you create a test are both manually modifiable. The name of the reserved variable for the test is based on whatever you named your test object. If you called your test “Assessment”, then the reserved variable for that test will be “Assessment_Score”.

Does this make sense?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.