Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Stuff that no longer works with the new version of Lectora

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rwalters
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

I’m having some trouble with external HTML no longer working in the new version of Lectora.

Auto-refresh no longer works:
    [/CODE]

I also have a custom css file that is supposed to be included with the external html. I got it from the Lectora Library. The file is listed on the Properties tab of the external html, but it no longer includes the file when publishing, so none of the CSS works.[CODE] [/CODE]

I also have a custom css file that is supposed to be included with the external html. I got it from the Lectora Library. The file is listed on the Properties tab of the external html, but it no longer includes the file when publishing, so none of the CSS works.

#285299 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Custom CSS works if I add it as an additional file, but it never needed it before. This is ridiculous as I will have to do this with every single title I have, and there are a lot.

#285234 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mountaineer
    mountaineer
    @mountaineer

When I use the question wizard to build a fill-in-the-blank question, it works fine in the preview.

When I publish it to HTML it’s quite different…

When an incorrect answer is entered, the “incorrect” feedback displays (as it should). Closing the feedback screen takes me back to the question.

If I now enter the correct answer and click the “submit” button, nothing happens.

Something is squirrely here…

#285281 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

Zoom in onto an object. Move it a bit. Zoom out. Enjoy the result, share your findings.

:/

#285229 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Pitman
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

I did the zoom. Everything looks the same.

Hope you guys are reporting all this to support.

#285275 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

@benpitman 49039 wrote:

I did the zoom. Everything looks the same.

Hope you guys are reporting all this to support.

1. Create a text block, size it to 100×100, place it at x:200 y:200.
    2. Zoom in 200%. Look in bottom left corner: it says 200×200 x:400 y:400. If you zoom out, it’ll revert back to normal.
    However…
    3. While zoomed in, type “150” in the height box in bottom left corner. You think your textbox becomes 100×150? Nope, it becomes 200×150! It stays 200×150 when you zoomout. Same glitch happens when you change coordinates.

#285285 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Really not liking that all my hidden objects default back to visible when I reopen a title.

#285286 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Opening a title in Lectora 11 automatically changes the status of all chapters and pages to be included in the table of contents. I want my tests, pop-up pages and other extras hidden from the TOC, but this keeps changing back to being shown.

Edit: Actually, that only happens when I re-open in Lectora X. But I need to do this before publishing, because the last time I uploaded something published from Lectora 11, it generated nearly a thousand errors on our server.

#285309 Score: 0
    Profile photo of christakj
    christakj
    @christakj

I have noticed that buttons (including transparent) are a little “off” from the position that they should be on the screen. I had to spend a lot of time moving the buttons back to the appropriate location on the screen throughout my programs.

#285219 Score: 0
    Profile photo of kellykungfu
    kellykungfu
    @kellykungfu

Hi Everyone,

Not too sure if its me, but creating a hyperlink to a web address does not work. When I tried, creating a “Go to web address” after I select that, the popup goes back to the “Add Hyperlink” popup like if I never did anything at all. I tried a bunch of things including, setting the hyperlink to “Exit Title/Close Window” and even this does not work. So it seems to me, that any new hyperlinks can not be created with v11.

Can someone please verify?

Thanks in advance.

-k

ps. I find this amusing, when compiling to SCORM, under the HTML Options tab, in the middle it says “Create ALT tags for images and buttor”.

#285224 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Pitman
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

Working fine here.

#285287 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

I was able to create a hyperlink to a web address and it worked fine. It did take me awhile to realize “go to web address” was a separate thing from “go to.” Such changes to basic functions is frustrating. It’s like they shuffled everything just to make it look different.

As for my auto-refresh code, it is suddenly working.

Does anyone know what the autorun file is for? I noticed this new file being generated when I publish from Lectora 11. It’s not in any of the titles published with the old version though.

#285238 Score: 0
    Profile photo of krixquet
    krixquet
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @krixquet

@kellykungfu 49089 wrote:

ps. I find this amusing, when compiling to SCORM, under the HTML Options tab, in the middle it says “Create ALT tags for images and buttor”.

Funny! I have found some funny stuff like that in Adobe products.

#285274 Score: 0
    Profile photo of plc
    plc
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    Group Member
    5 pts
    @plc

Given all the trouble you’ve been having do you regret upgrading to version 11? What would you suggest to other Lectora users who have many files in development and old ones that may need changes? Are the new features worth it or should we wait until the first patch when hopefully these bugs will be fixed?

The issues with the hyperlinks really scare me as I have titles with numerous links to our intranet.

Thank you,

#285220 Score: 0
    Profile photo of kellykungfu
    kellykungfu
    @kellykungfu

@benpitman 49093 wrote:

Working fine here.

Is it just my installation that is bad??

Here are my steps for creating a hyperlink from scratch:

1)Create a new title from scratch
    2)Create a newText box with the contents of “This is my new hyperlink”
    3)Click outside of the text box to save it
    4)Click text box once to select, and then double click to start the curser to select the all the text
    5)Right mouse click and then select Add Hyperlink
    6)Click on the Green Square Button to create a new hyperlink
    7)Change the default setting of”Go to” to the one of “Go to web address”
    8)As soon as “Go to web address” is selected, I would of imagined that it would allow me to enter in a URL but it does not. After I select the “Go to web address”, it goes back to what looks like step 6. If I click on that Green Square Button again, Lectora v11 “forgot” that I changed it to “Go to web address”

What am I doing wrong or is there something wrong with my v11 install?

Thanks in advance.

-kelly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.