Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Table of Contents (TOC) not displaying correctly on iPads

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #283838 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Simcor
    Simcor
    Member
    @Simcor

    Hello,

    I have to compliment Lectora on the great new TOC features incorporated into version 11.3 however, the TOCs are not displaying correctly on iPads.

    I created a standard size title with a table of contents. The table of contents is set with “Frameless in HTML” not selected and “Use Icons” selected. When viewed on an iPad the table of contents does not allow scrolling and cuts off if the content extends beyond the provided space. I reported this bug to Trivantis Support two weeks ago and they noted that they were aware of this issue but did not have a timeframe when this issue would be addressed. I tried upgrading to version 11.3 and installing the service release 11.3.1 to see if this would resolve the issue but the bug remains. Can anyone suggest any external html extension or CSS that can be included in the Lectora title to make the TOC work or suggest anything else that can be done to allow the entire table of contents to display on a iPad?

    Thanks

    #287831 Score: 0
    Profile photo of krixquet
    krixquet
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @krixquet

    It seems there still not a fix. Any update?

    #287832 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Simcor
    Simcor
    Member
    @Simcor

    @krixquet 60555 wrote:

    It seems there still not a fix. Any update?

    I have not heard of any solutions to this issue. I am amazed that will the introduction of the Lectora Mobile platform that Trivantis has not addressed this issue that prevents their product’s output from displaying correctly on Apple iPads.

    As a temporary workaround, I created a separate iPad Table of Contents that only include my chapters and sections (excludes all individual pages). On the button action to display the table of contents, I added a conditional statement that looks at the system “Platform” variable. If the “Platform” variable is equal to “iPad” then I display the iPad Table of Contents instead of the regular Table of Content. Although this does not solve the issue, it does allow limited navigation on iPads without looking like the TOC is broken.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.