Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Template Troubles – A = A then B = B and A = B

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dana Musser
    Dana Musser
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    contributor
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    6 pts
    @danam

When creating several titles I decided to go the route of a template. I wanted responsive design titles so I created the template and began to mass produce titles.
    All seemed fine until I saved the titles into CourseMill (EnterpriseLMS) and in testing found that each time I saved the new title it was over-writing the previous titles.

This has never happened before.
    I cleared the Variables and Resources before publishing.

Help!

#325301 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

Are you renaming the title or rerouting it to a different course ID each time you publish?

#325342 Score: 0
    Dana Musser
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    contributor
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    6 pts
    @danam

I was doing a Save As to a title and copying it to another location. Changed it to the new title and published out.
    When I bring it into CourseMill it sees the path as the original instead of the new one but it sees the new title in all locations copied this way.

When you open the course details and look at the path (Local Dir and HTTP Dir) they are not pointing to the new location.

In other words, don’t duplicate your courses. Start with a clean slate every time.

Question…

Does this mean that anything that I put into my library still holds that information?

This would seem counter intuitive to the reason that I create templates or Library objects.

#325343 Score: 0
    Dana Musser
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    contributor
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    6 pts
    @danam

By the way, Nick was helping me on this.

#325424 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

To my knowledge the library object shouldn’t be holding on to publishing details.  The Information Center states that you can save general information about the object and metadata but nothing related to publishing settings (http://trivantis.com/help/Lectora/16/ENG/Lectora_Help/index.html#2762.html%3FTocPath%3DWorking%2520with%2520objects%7CWorking%2520with%2520the%2520Media%2520Library%7CWorking%2520with%2520My%2520Library%7C_____5)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.