Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Test Advance Issue in html

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike Zilkowsky
    Mike Zilkowsky
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @mzilkowsky6863

I have created a very simple eLearning and inserted a test. When running the course on ReviewLink, the questions progress properly.

When publishing to html, I get an error of “You must answer all of the questions to continue.” after I make a selection on question 1 and hit next. I have attached an image of the error. Is there something that needs to be done differently for a test in html? Or do I need to check or uncheck something in the publish steps?

Thanks

Mike

Attachments:
    #413114 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    13 pts
    @CarlFink

Unimportant: spelling of “extinguisher” is wrong. 🙂

Next on the last page of a test should be Submit instead. If it’s a one question test, you need a Submit button there.

#413120 Score: 0
    Mike Zilkowsky
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @mzilkowsky6863

There are 12 questions. it all works fine in Run and Preview, also viewing through ReviewLink.. but when I html it and try to run it from the index file, it gives the error when clicking next after the first answer.

#413127 Score: 0
    Mike Zilkowsky
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @mzilkowsky6863

If you mean the spelling in the file name, that is on purpose so that I can have 2 copies on the go ans have one with just a few unsaved changes.

I have a Done button instead of submit on the last Test page. It has actions of process test and goto next page already attached to it.

#413173 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Liz Wilson
    Liz Wilson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    wise owl
    advanced
    entry
    contributor
    3 pts
    @lwilson7839

Two questions for you, Mike:

1. What version of Lectora are you publishing out of?
    2. Do you have any conditions on that next button?

I tried to recreate this issue with a different test and the “Student Must Answer Each Question” checked in Test Behavior, and I was okay. I was publishing out of Lectora Inspire 18.

If we can’t figure it out here, I’d be happy to start a support case for you and take a closer look.

#413248 Score: 0
    Mike Zilkowsky
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @mzilkowsky6863

I am running Lectora Inspire 18. The Next button only has the action – OnMClkGoto Next page.

It operates fine in the Reviewlink version and in Run and Preview mode in Lectora.

Once published to html, I launched it from running the Index chrome html document it will not advance past the first questions as I get the error.

I might be doing something wrong as I just started using this software after purchasing the large package. I will go into the Intermediate training today and watch those videos to see if I am missing something that might be covered in there.

#413251 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    251 pts
    @timk

It may be related to Seamless Play. Did you open the content via the “Preview” button in the publishing dialog? If you publish with Seamless Play the course won’t work when just opening the index.html from the html folder.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #413253 Score: 0
    Mike Zilkowsky
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @mzilkowsky6863

I was trying the index file from the folder… Should I take Seamless play off and try?

I have other programs created in other software that I can play by opening the index file

I would like to be able to take this content and put it on a usb stick to be able to deliver it anywhere outside of our LMS.

#413256 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    251 pts
    @timk

You can try both ways of course. Seamless play requires the content to be run from a server. If you want to launch it from a USB device you should turn Seamless Play off unless you can provide a virtual server.

#413272 Score: 0
    Mike Zilkowsky
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @mzilkowsky6863

Turned Seamless off and still have the same issue.

Published for Offline use and it worked properly. I will try publish to html again and running it through the Preview button on the Publish pop up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.