Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jan kelly
    jan kelly
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    friend finder
    @jankelly

Hi, I have developed a course in Lectora 16.2.2 with multiple tests with behaviours: if passed go to next page; if failed go back to the beginning of the module. These work fine throughout – apart from the last test. I have included a results page and, if failed, the user gets taken to the results page instead of back to the beginning of the module – as set. The pass mark is 100%

Is there a way around this, or will I have to remove the Results page?

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks

#410908 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    3 pts
    @cainam

They will get taken back to the beginning once they click on the next button on the Review page when they fail, correct?  I think that is the standard logic.  If you include a results page, the user will be taken there first so that they know how they did on the test before executing the next action of go to page on pass/fail.

If you don’t want a failed user to get to the results page, then you would just need to create your own page for success (congratulations, you passed at 100%), and if failed the user will be directed to the beginning.  So probably best to remove the standard Results page.

#410947 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    251 pts
    @timk

As Adam mentioned, it’s standard logic if you check “Show results”. I don’t think there’s a way to avoid the page as it’s the “Process test” action that takes the user to the page and you have to process the test to know whether a user passed or failed. But you should be aware that it is not really a “results page”, it is a page with a “results object”. You can make the object invisible if you don’t want a user who failed the test to see it and just display a text “You’ve failed! Click the button to restart the course.”

#410949 Score: 0
    Profile photo of jan kelly
    jan kelly
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    friend finder
    @jankelly

Adam and Tim,

Thanks for your help.

I think I had got myself going round in circles. Having escaped for a few hours and read your replies, I think I am on the right track rather than the hamster wheel I was on earlier 😉

Thanks again and best wishes

Jan

#410953 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    13 pts
    @CarlFink

I’ve done the ‘hide the results object’ trick in the past, and also designed a page with two of them, one that is shown on a pass, and the other shown on a fail (with different information). Depends on what you need to do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.