Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BrandiC
    BrandiC
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    contributor
    LUC17 Attendee
    1 pt
    @BrandiC

I’ve created a test which has two issues.

Fist, one question isn’t working correctly after being published. This question is Multiple Choice, with three option to choose from, only one is the correct answer. The question works in the application’s “Run”, Preview”, and “Preview Page in Browser” modes with no issues. Once published to my LMS (CourseMill) the question will not allow any button to be selected, and therefore the user cannot get past this page of the course.

Second, one other question in the test shows additional text after published that is not there in the application. In development there is the question, with true/false radio buttons for the user to select their answer. Once published to my LMS the question, and both answers have “1.” in front of their text. This doesn’t show in “Run” or “Preview” but will show in the “Preview Page in Browser” mode. I’ve attached a screenshot of this issue.

Thanks for any guidance!
    Brandi

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of BrandiC BrandiC.
    Attachments:
    #300318 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dana Musser
    Dana Musser
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    contributor
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    6 pts
    @danam

Did you try running it in another browser? Google does not give me fits and starts but IE and FireFox make me want to … well … I get angry.

#300325 Score: 0
    Profile photo of BrandiC
    BrandiC
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    contributor
    LUC17 Attendee
    1 pt
    @BrandiC

Thanks for your response Dana. We are only allowed IE as a browser at our organization, so there’s no option to try it in another browser.

#300340 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

Hey Brandi.

Answer 1: I’m not sure what to tell you for the Multiple Choice question.  There’s a known issue with Matching that sounds similar to what your experiencing. Did you change question types mid development? It sounds like something is acting against the buttons or not allowing the question to process.  Would it be possible for you to zip your working files and attach them?  I’d be able to dig into the issue a little further that way.
    Answer 2: I’ve seen this issue before with non English content.  There seems to be special characters in your answer text box that are manifesting in html as a 1 (we use to call them the phantom 1’s because they don’t show up until you publish).  You’ll need to most likely recreate the question and paste the answer unformatted (control+shift+ paste).  If that doesn’t work I suggest recreating the question and manually typing the answers in.  Then you can add formatting later.

#300392 Score: 1
    Profile photo of BrandiC
    BrandiC
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    contributor
    LUC17 Attendee
    1 pt
    @BrandiC

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for this suggestions for issue 2. I ended up recreating both questions that were giving me issues. I’ve republished them and both are working in the LMS now.

Thanks for all the help!
    Brandi

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #300412 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

Yay!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.