Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Test recording incorrectly to LMS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jenny Lovegrove
    Jenny Lovegrove
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jlovegrove3696

Hi There

I am new to the community and fairly new to lectora, in the past all I have done is edit courses which were developed by previous users.

I have created my first course from scratch which I tested on our LMS and thought it was working properly but it seems that now staff are doing the course they are able to get a completion on the course after scoring 33%,the pass mark is set for 80% but as there is only 3 questions, learners need to answer all questions correctly.  When learners get the test feedback it tells them they have failed but then its registered as complete when the course is closed.

It only happening in some cases and have wondered if its an issue with question 3 as some learners have got only this question correct and have managed to complete or perhaps its to do with the exit button if learners are choosing not to take the test again straightaway.

I have tried to see what wrong and read lots on here but I am just not getting it – I know its a bit of an ask but any change someone could take a look for me.

Thanks

Jenny

#377388 Score: 0
    Jenny Lovegrove
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jlovegrove3696

Trying again to attach the file

Jenny

#377417 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

Can you share the AWT? – Is it really Lectora 11?

#377464 Score: 0
    Jenny Lovegrove
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jlovegrove3696

Here is the awt file, and yes it is Lectora 11 we have.

Thanks

#377468 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

The forum only accepts .zips, so you’ll have to zip the AWT along with all related folders, “images”, “media”, “extern” (if available).

Tim

#377482 Score: 0
    Jenny Lovegrove
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jlovegrove3696

I have tried to zip the file – hopefully this works!!

Jenny

#377539 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

I checked the file but I can’t find a bug. I tested your course in moodle, but it’s tracking the score correctly. Question 3 seems to be correct, I can’t see anything that may be different to the other questions. The Exit-Button should not cause a problem neither, if the window is closed the test is not processed so there should be no score.

All variables in your test are “retained between sessions”. If a learner answers questions 1 and 2 correctly, closes the window, reopens the course, is directed to question 3 by the bookmark, answers “only” Question 3 correctly, clicks “Done” the test result should 100% as the answers to 1 and 2 are retained.

What exactly does the LMS display as a score for these users? 100% or 33%? All relevant values in the course are correctly set to 80. Which LMS is it? Is there a setting that may overwrite the mastery_score provided by the course?

#377603 Score: 0
    Jenny Lovegrove
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jlovegrove3696

Hi Tim

Thanks very much for you help with this.

If I try what you suggested our LMS doesn’t record anything, if I return and answer question 3 its records the score @ 100% and completed.

Our LMS is a company called Brightwave, we have 2 setting which we can change when uploading courses into the LMS, ‘display latest results’ or ‘display best results’,  for all our courses we select display best but this specific course needs to be repeated bi annually so we have it set to ‘display latest’  not sure if this would effect anything?

Jenny

#377605 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    picture perfect
    54 pts
    @JasonADal

I noticed something that MAY be impacting this. There are two “process test survey” actions – one on Page 4, one on the Test Results page. The one on the results page does not have the test/survey to process.

Page 4 also does not have a process question action like the other question pages do.

See if “fixing” either of these makes a difference.

Also, with the LMS, does the “display latest” refer to both the score AND the completion status? If you have a DEV server, it might be interesting to test it to see if it retains the “fail” even when you pass the “new” iteration.

#377614 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

Hi Jason, Hi Jenny

the course was built in Lectora 11, when some things about tests were made differently. I don’t know what happens when you open it in Lectora 16 / 17.

When I look at it in Lectora 11 there’s only one “Process Test / Survey” action on Page 4, which is as it should be. It may be that Lectora 16.2 turns the older results page into the new Results object, but that’s not an option in L 11.

Although all the “Process question” actions should do no harm, they could be deleted as the questions neither have Feedback nor Attempts enabled.

When you answer questions 1 and 2 correctly and exit, the LMS should not record a score because the test has not been processed. If you return, answer question 3 correctly and click “done” the LMS should record 100% as all answers have been retained and the test has been processed. This is the way you’ve set up the test so there’s no bug in it.

I don’t know Brightwave, so I can’t tell what’s the difference between “Latest” and “Best”. Usually it would mean either the Best result from all completed Scorm-Attempts or the result of the Last completed Scorm-Attempt. In your course you only send a “Lesson_Status” from the “Pass” page but not from the “Fail” page. This may mean that if a user fails the test the Scorm attempt stays incomplete so it’s not recorded and the result from last completed attempt is kept even if it’s from last year. You could try to just copy the action that sets the lesson_status to the “Fail” page.

It may also be an option to reset the attempts in the system before the new years repetition phase begins so the system doesn’t have any previous scores any more.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.