Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick Williams
    Nick Williams
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    10 pts
    @nwilliams3743

Where do you add the text for the button if its added as a custom div html extension?

#405906 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    209 pts
    @Klaatu

Select the div and click edit in the HTML extension box on the ribbon.

#413614 Score: 0
    Profile photo of DavidCM
    DavidCM
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    @DavidCM

Can screen readers, like JAWS and ZoomText, read these kinds of butttons?

#446029 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrell Foley
    Darrell Foley
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    contributor
    4 pts
    @Web-Foley

Commenting to share my frustration that Trivantis hasn’t addressed this. The solution shouldn’t be “make your own custom images” or “create your own CSS”. The Lectora 18 version I’m currently using bloats a published course with dozens of text blurry PNG buttons, (not to mention the duplication of every button instance of the same (or identical) source item).

If most of these can be fixed with CSS why is Trivantis generating PNGs in the first place, I can’t really see a need for a feature that takes a non-image based item and needlessly renders an image for it. Displaying items that can be generated (like buttons) without images is pretty much the go-to for web for more than a decade. Can you imaging if this Trivantis Community Forum was built with Lectora18? …each list text item under your name would be 4 separate image states/images of blurry selections (Activity, Profile Notifications etc.).

This is creating issues for accessibility too, where heavy customization can cause an inconsistent user experience for those with accessibility devices, not to mention the overall clarity of the text.

We shouldn’t be discouraged from using the tools inherent build features.

Hopefully rendered image buttons will disappear in an update soon.

-Darrell.

#446416 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Mkia
    Mkia
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    advanced
    curious george
    picture perfect
    4 pts
    @Mkia

I agree…if there is a function to insert a button and to create different button states, it would be nice if this function could work without additional coding.

I am developing training at the moment in v18, I haven’t been playing with Lectora for a while, and I forgot this blurry buttons moment, and I got so frustrated because I was expecting it to work.  With several features, I have this argh moment, where I have to do a workaround because it doesn’t work the way you expect it.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #450646 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    73 pts
    @wheels

The blurry text issue was fixed in v19 we are sorry this had been an issue for so long.

The multiple image files is remnants of supporting IE 8 which we supported up until late last year. We will work on getting removing the code that generates all those extra files.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.