Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Text Converted to Image Disappears

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stephen Houck
    Stephen Houck
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    @shouck7008

Good afternoon.  I’ve just begun working with Lectora 16 and have run into an issue I’ve never experienced before.  I have text that is set to “Initially Hidden” and when published to SCORM 2004 the text flashes briefly as each slide loads.  I’ve tried setting “Convert to Image” for these text blocks and it stops them from flashing, but when it is time for them to show, I get the “image missing” box, both when tested in ReviewLink and on our LMS (Cornerstone).  The issue is consistent between browsers tested.

I need to stop the initial text flash, but also need it to display!  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Steve

#330074 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    39 pts
    @smiller7502

I don’t have a solution for you, just chiming in with a “me, too!” I haven’t tried converting the text to images, but I have noticed that text that’s set to initially hidden flashes briefly on the screen before disappearing.

The only idea I have — which I haven’t tried yet — is instead of setting the text to initially hidden, try setting it to appear after x seconds if some condition is true, and make sure the condition is false when the slide displays.

Have you submitted a bug about this?

#330076 Score: 0
    Stephen Houck
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    @shouck7008

Hi, Stan

Thanks for the response and suggestion.  I have to animate them to a soundtrack, so can’t use a timing cue in case it takes time for the audio to load.

I have not submitted a bug yet.  Actually, this is my first post ever.  I’ll go ahead and do that now.

I was hoping that it was something I was doing wrong!  LOL.

Steve

#330083 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    39 pts
    @smiller7502

Don’t give up on the timing cue just yet. The idea isn’t to turn them on after x seconds, it’s to use a different way to hide them.

Since you’re setting the text to initially hidden, there must be some trigger that shows the text. Leave that in place. Uncheck the “initially hidden” box. Create a variable (maybe called “TextVisible”) and set its value to False. Set the text to appear in 5 seconds if your variable is True. Since the variable isn’t True, the text won’t appear after 5 seconds. It will still appear when your regular trigger occurs. (Don’t make the regular trigger conditional on the variable, just let it fire.)

That will work. Whether it stops the text from flashing when the slide displays or not, I can’t say because I haven’t tried it yet. If it works, it’s a hack to work around a bug — so thanks for submitting that!

#330295 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Lea Thompson
    Lea Thompson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    contributor
    wise owl
    advanced
    7 pts
    @Lea Thompson

Hi Steve,

We’d love to get a copy of your title and figure this out. You can use the “Submit a support ticket” button on the right-side of the page to create a case with us and we’ll investigate 🙂

#330445 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    131 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Allthough this exact scenario i didnot encounter, i do have a few tips that might help solve it.

-Scorm2004 might be the bad-guy. Try it in Scorm1.2 and/or xApi on Scormcloud

-You can use GSAP Tweenmax for animation and timing. Its a great library, and for this kind of animations i use it all the time, in xapi and scorm1.2 then, seldom or never use 2004.

-If all fails you can use an extra step to ensure a pageelement is invisible. Set the x/y position outside the page. So it will be clipped and is invisible for sure. Then the first step in your animation is set the positon of it to the startposition and make it visible, all in 0.0 seconds…

When you decide to use GSAP, Timelinemax will be a great help to get this kind of thing done.

Regards,

Math

#330630 Score: 0
    Stephen Houck
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    @shouck7008

Thank you for the suggestions!  Moving the text off the stage temporarily worked as you said, so am using it as a temporary workaround.  Also, thanks for the info on GSAP.  We’re going to look into that route for future builds!

Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.