Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Text scaling multiple objects

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rwalters
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Is there no way to apply text scaling to multiple objects? I have quizzes with a lot of potential answers and this is taking forever to individually select every text box in 5 different views.

#304082 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

For now the functionality works for only one text box.  I’ll make the concept of selecting mulitiple text boxes to expedite scaling is listed for potential improvements.

#304087 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Thanks. It’s especially helpful for tests as there are many more text blocks than most pages.

#304095 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    192 pts
    @Klaatu

rwalters, you can accomplish this using CSS without a revision to Lectora (although it’ll be a welcome addition).

In the attached example, I set up a CSS rule that will be applied to any multiple choice text block that has been assigned a class of “custom” – no quotes.

This will work with any multiple choice question. The awt file is included in the zip file. load it up and play around with the answer text blocks by assigining or unassigning them a class of “custom” – no quotes. You will see that those that are assigned that class will be resized to 8pts (as determined by the added css.)

To use this, copy the css that I added (or just grab the fontSize.css file), add it to your project via HTML Extension – Cascading Style Sheet. You can change the font-size to whatever you wish. You can also style just about any other font attribute by adding them to the rule.

If you or anyone else would like to implement this and need assistance, or if you just want to understand more about how this works, shoot me a message.

Darrel

This post has received 1 vote up.
    Attachments:
    1. MC-Text.zip
    #304109 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Thanks. That makes sense, although I already went through the biggest quiz we have to resize everything. I could try that on our other tests when I get to them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.