Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Text Unselectable – Lectora Inspire 16.1.1

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Jumeau
    David Jumeau
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    contributor
    verified member
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @djumeau

When in HTML view (Chrome, IE, Firefox), I am unable to select the text. Is there some CSS that I need to manipulate to be able to select text?

#315046 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    55 pts
    @wendymiller

Hi David,

This seems to only be an issue when a Lectora title is set to be RCD. When running an RCD title in FireFox, I’ve located one CSS attribute of the main div (id=”pageDiv”) called -moz-user-select: none. If I set that attribute to -moz-text, then I can again select the text on the page. However, this might be a risky thing to do since I have no idea why the developers have set that attribute to “none” in the first place for RCD titles. There could possibly be side effects that I cannot even begin to guess about.

In any case, I do know that the developers are aware of this issue, so hopefully a fix for it will be released in a future patch sooner than later.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #315070 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    209 pts
    @Klaatu

User-select can be used to prevent the accidental selection of adjacent content. An example would be to use it to make it easier to copy and paste specific text without selecting other unwanted text. Its use is still considered experimental. Can I Use. Check out the resources tab for more info.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #315088 Score: 0
    David Jumeau
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    contributor
    verified member
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @djumeau

Thanks for your responses Wendy and Darrel. RCD has not been checked off in my course. I am wondering if this issue is coming from a migration from a Lectora Online package and imported in Lectora Inspire. I have to investigate this and will follow up.

#315186 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    55 pts
    @wendymiller

Oh, ok. I just assumed that it was the RCD issue because I had recently run into it myself! It could also be something as simple as a transparent graphic overlaying the text. I’m guessing you’ve already checked for that though. If you do find that the issue has something to do with importing a PKG into the desktop version of Lectora, please let us know the details! You can click the Submit a Support Ticket button on any forum page.

#321056 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jane Erwin
    Jane Erwin
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    LUC17 Presenter
    @Janie

We’ve also run into this – courses published to HTML (or SCORM) that were built using RCD don’t allow for any text on the page to be selected. It’s not an overlap issue (transparent image or anything).

#326440 Score: 0
    David Jumeau
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    contributor
    verified member
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @djumeau

Seems resolved in 16.2.2.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.