Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions Title attribute tooltip

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Darrell Foley
    Darrell Foley
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    contributor
    4 pts
    @Web-Foley

Recently I posted a request to be able to add a title to links for accessibility so that a screen reader would be able to let the learner know when a link opens a new browser tab/window. Accessibility options properties for hyperlinks

Joe Wieloch graciously informed me of adding the Javascript:
    triv$(‘[id*=text] a’, getDisplayDocument()).attr(‘title’,’This link opens in a new browser window.’)

This works great! But made me wonder why this could not be used to enhance a course where a tooltip would be beneficial to the learner beyond simply accessibility requirements. I’m hoping to see it as a properties option in a future release.

-Darrell

#449638 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    69 pts
    @wheels

Hi Darrell @web-foley

We discussed this at the LAUG (Lectora Accessibility User Group) meeting and did not understand it enough. Seems like the text in the hyperlink should be enough information. I believe that was the general consensus, but they also said maybe they don’t understand the issue well enough.

However, you make a great point that this could be useful for all titles if an author wants to provide tooltips for hyperlinks.

I will write this up for Product Management to take a look at it.

– Joe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.