Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Transitions lock-up navigation buttons

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Richard Wendrick
    Richard Wendrick
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    advanced
    curious george
    contributor
    @setarcos

Hello All,

I’ve been experiencing Back/Next button lock-ups on recent courses. After working with support it was determined that object transitions were causing the problem. So, for instance, if I click the Back button while a picture is fading in, all navigation in the course freezes. The buttons are active/enabled, but clicking them does nothing.

This issue was also confirmed here: https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/lectora-17-navigation-issue/

The suggestion from support is to remove transitions. I happen to use fades, wipes, and fly-ins to try to make for a more engaging presentation. Removing transitions makes for a static, clunky course and is really not a great option.

So, I’m curious if anybody else out there uses object transitions. Have you ever experienced navigation button lock-ups?

Thanks for any insight.

#388017 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    111 pts
    @mnotermans5114

I do use object transitions, but not out-of-the-box in Lectora. I create custom ones in Javascript when needed. They never cause problems… but well…thats to be expected, cause they are not out-of-the-box 😉

#388081 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Richard Wendrick
    Richard Wendrick
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    advanced
    curious george
    contributor
    @setarcos

Math,

Do you build your custom transitions because you believe that Lectora’s transitions are faulty or because it’s easier for your workflow?

#388091 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    111 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Not perse faulty, but lacking quality. Compare the default Lectora transitions with those in major editing tools like AfterEffects and Premiere…well then they do lack quality. Both it options and end-appearance. And indeed it fits my workflow better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.