August 10, 2018 at 3:18 PM #404196August 10, 2018 at 11:49 PM #404202
Actually no. Allthough encountering weird things with textfields too. Please do read this article from Darrel. Here he shows a few very important steps anyone asking for assistance inhere should know. Since we all work either freelance or other jobs too, time is limited for all of us. To get proper help its good to adhere to Darrels article.
First question to answer would be…what version of Lectora you are using ?
MathAugust 13, 2018 at 9:07 AM #404317
Joe WielochModerator73 pts@wheels
Hi @SuzanneB, please let me know if this is still happening. If you can let me know the name of the title I can take a quick look at it. I would be interested to know if you experience the same thing in a new title, and what browser you use. But if you just let me know the name of the title I’ll take a look.
– JoeAugust 13, 2018 at 11:40 AM #404335
<div>Thank you very much for replying to my question. Yes, the hyperlink continues to be a problem today. The interesting thing is that I can create a button and the hyperlink info is retained successfully there. But, I cannot get the hyperlink info to save when I create it within a text box.</div>
<div>I use the Chrome browser, but that should not make a difference initially, because the error is showing up during the publish process. However, when I re-enter the hyperlink address and re-save the project so that it publishes OK, the hyperlink does not seem to work successfully (in Chrome, using the Publish Preview option), however the link via the button works fine.</div>
<div>Is there a private site I can upload the file to? I did not include it with my first question because it has too much private company info to share with a general audience.</div>
<div>I have multiple titles with very similar names. The specific one to look at with regard to this problem is<b><span style=”font-size: large;”> RCW_JustPosttest_rcwLB_Test2</span></b></div>
<div>SuzanneB</div>August 13, 2018 at 10:36 PM #404400
I do know of some text issues when using copy/paste from Microsoft software. Make sure text is unformatted.
Also i do know that sometimes text in a textfield in Lectora doesnot show properly. You have to use ‘Enter’ to get the text showing properly in the editor, sometimes deselecting/selecting other texts helps.August 15, 2018 at 8:25 AM #404586
Joe WielochModerator73 pts@wheels
This is an issue we need to fix, thank you for bringing it out our attention. The content is in the hyperlink but for some reason the publish marks it as an error until it is revisited after loading the course. Suzanne I’ll open a support case and we will work to get this fixed.August 16, 2018 at 8:55 AM #404753
I’ve been getting the same for a few weeks and I’m glad you posted. My only solution has been the same re-enter each time I publish for testing.August 16, 2018 at 9:31 AM #404764
One solution for you both is maybe. Donot use the textfield to add a hyperlink, instead of that add a transparent button over the textfield and add the goto-Action there.
Another possibility is add the text in a shape and check whether the link behaves differently then.
MathAugust 17, 2018 at 7:48 AM #404851
Stephen WuMember2 pts@swu7570
Hi everyone, we took a look into the title and see the bug that is causing the issue described. There seems to be an action linked to the text block hyperlink to ‘Go to Section on mouse click’ that is not being cleaned up correctly on title save (which is why the error comes back after you reload the title). We will have a fix for this in the next release to resolve this.
In the meantime, one workaround you can do is the copy the textblock contents and paste it into a brand new textblock. You will need to set in the hyperlink again one time, but doing this once should remove the publishing error permanently and the need to go into the hyperlink each time you load your title or publish it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.