Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Upgrade and next buttons

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of katy_lil
    katy_lil
    beginner
    intermediate
    @katy_lil

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from v6 to 12 with lectora, when I published an old course (that has worked fine before) I got a warning saying:

Action: GoTo Next page has an unresolved destination

And when uploading the next button now no longer works, it recognises it is a button but the over state and on click are totally broke?

Does anyone have any ideas on why?

Thanks,

Katy

#287196 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    335 pts
    @ssneg

@katy_lil 63570 wrote:

I got a warning saying:

Action: GoTo Next page has an unresolved destination

Double click on the red warning line and Lectora will take you to the problematic button. Look at the button’s properties – what is set as the destination? If nothing is set, set it properly and try publishing again.

#287198 Score: 0
    katy_lil
    beginner
    intermediate
    @katy_lil

Hi,

I have an action assigned to the next button like so?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]657[/ATTACH]

#287197 Score: 0
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    335 pts
    @ssneg

@katy_lil 63572 wrote:

Hi,

I have an action assigned to the next button like so?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]657[/ATTACH]

Then the action is fine. Lectora will still give you a warning if this button is located on the last page of the title (in other words when there is no next page to go to). But you can safely ignore it.

It is weird that the button doesn’t work anywhere though. Can you try rebuilding a next page button from scratch, would it work?

#287191 Score: 0
    Profile photo of falcon44nkc
    falcon44nkc
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @falcon44nkc

@ssneg 63577 wrote:

Then the action is fine. Lectora will still give you a warning if this button is located on the last page of the title (in other words when there is no next page to go to). But you can safely ignore it.

It is weird that the button doesn’t work anywhere though. Can you try rebuilding a next page button from scratch, would it work?

I just upgraded to version 12 this week. I just republished a minor update to a course that I published last week and it worked fine. Now none of my buttons work – the next, the back, or any buttons within the course. Has any one else encountered this? I now have a course that is active and our employees need yet they can’t even get past the first page!

#287199 Score: 0
    katy_lil
    beginner
    intermediate
    @katy_lil

I rebuilt the button in lectora as a new one with no success, I even created a new lectora file with no luck, When I open it in debug mode in IE it works fine but once uploaded the LMS it stops. So I am guessing something in the publish settings maybe??

#287192 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

All,

We’ve uncovered an issue in Lectora 12 where Internet Explorer’s compatibility mode was preventing button actions from firing properly. We’re releasing an update very shortly with this fix!

We apologize for any frustration you’ve all experienced during this time. Thanks to everyone for posting your issues and recommendations on the forum.

– Laura

#287195 Score: 0
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    335 pts
    @ssneg

Compatibility mode? Sounds like SumTotal to me. This LMS always forces IE into comp mode when you least expect it.

#287194 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Carol Dawson
    Carol Dawson
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    2 pts
    @hplrsmom

I am having the same issue in a SCORM published course. I have downloaded the most current version, 12.0.2. today but this has not fixed the problem. Some of the buttons work but most don’t. I have to have this resolved before Monday morning when new associates across the country arrive for orientation and are supposed to view this course as part of their first day activities.

@lauram 63588 wrote:

All,

We’ve uncovered an issue in Lectora 12 where Internet Explorer’s compatibility mode was preventing button actions from firing properly. We’re releasing an update very shortly with this fix!

We apologize for any frustration you’ve all experienced during this time. Thanks to everyone for posting your issues and recommendations on the forum.

– Laura

#287193 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

hplrsmom – Can you send your published course to the Support team at support@trivantis.com? Please say that you spoke to Laura Silver and ask them to forward it to me. Also, please include any info you can on how you’re distributing the course (an LMS? if so, which one?) and browser versions you’re using to view the course.

#287200 Score: 0
    katy_lil
    beginner
    intermediate
    @katy_lil

I found a temporary solution of putting this code at the top of every page when published:

I am waiting for the update to be installed on my machine and fingers crossed this works as currently I am having to push deadlines back!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.