Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Upgrading to Lectora 12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

If you are current on maintenance, then you can download Lectora 12 for free – there’s no cost to upgrade. Since this is a new version, you’ll have to install the build rather than using auto-update.

To check your upgrade eligibility you can use this form: http://lectora.com/v12-upgrade

#286542 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Pitman
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

Ok, I can do that. Now where do I go to download it? All my feeble mind can find is where you buy it. Is there a link in an email I got that I missed?

#286547 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

Ben – After you send in your info, someone from the Support team will send you a unique link to download the build.

#286560 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Paul Minni
    Paul Minni
    1 pt
    @Paul Minni

< <>>

So, can V12 be installed in (a path) parallel to an existing V11.x? What about the media libraries, can V12 use ones created under V11.x or should I start new ones? Thanks.

#286557 Score: 0
    Profile photo of rwalters
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

How do I get V11 back? I am having serious issues with V12 that is preventing me from doing my job. I accidentally put a V12 version of a title live and now nobody can complete our tests. I sent an email to support but I need to just switch back as this is not working for me at all.

#286546 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

It’s not recommended that you install both versions on the same computer. However, if you have Lectora Inspire of one version, and Lectora Publisher of another, you can install these to separate folders. Within your Preferences, you’ll see that your Media Library is in your C:ProgramDataTrivantisLectora PublisherMediaLib folder (or Lectora InspireMediaLib). If you install Lectora 12 over Lectora 11, you can still use the same resources and library objects stored there.

When you open a title in Lectora 12 that was originally developed in an earlier version (Lectora 11 or Lectora X), Lectora will automatically create a backup copy of the original AWT file. The file is placed in the same folder with an extension of .awt12. If for some reason you need to go back to an older version of Lectora, you can rename the extension to .awt to open the unmodified original copy.

If you are experiencing any issues, please do submit a ticket to support (support@trivantis.com) so we can follow up on this immediately. They can also work with you to make sure you can continue development on Lectora 11 while we find a solution.

#286561 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Paul Minni
    Paul Minni
    1 pt
    @Paul Minni

< <>>
    OK.

Can you tell me if the V12 install leaves the current Users Preferences settings in the Windows registry or does it rewrite them to a new install default? Specifically, the Editors, Express, ReviewLink preferences. And is there still a Media Library Folder user preference in V12. Thanks.

#286551 Score: 0
    Profile photo of jgraunke
    jgraunke
    beginner
    intermediate
    @jgraunke

How do I get v11 back?

#286548 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

@paul Minni 62858 wrote:

< <>>
    OK.

Can you tell me if the V12 install leaves the current Users Preferences settings in the Windows registry or does it rewrite them to a new install default? Specifically, the Editors, Express, ReviewLink preferences. And is there still a Media Library Folder user preference in V12. Thanks.

As Lectora 12 is a new version and new install, you will need to re-enter the items located in your Preferences. Your Media Library is still in the same location – you can always change where you keep your Media Library – the path to the folder is located in your Preferences.

#286549 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

@jgraunke 62895 wrote:

How do I get v11 back?

Are you experiencing issues with Lectora 12? If so, we definitely want to hear about them right away! If you can send a description to Support (support@trivantis.com), we will be sure to get back to you with more information and work with you to resolve any problems you may be having.

#286544 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Lucero
    Ben Lucero
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    @blucero

I’m also experiencing some issues with Lectora 12. I’m updating a series of rather long test and running into a SCORM 4k issue which generates a “Some of the persistent data was not able to be stored” message. With this issue at the forefront of my work after the holiday, I upgraded to V12 and now I can’t see the questions in my test. I can see them in Firefox and Chrome but not in our company default IE8 browser. When I preview (in Saba), titles generated from Lectora 11, I can see the test questions. Funny thing is I can see the quiz questions from SCORM Cloud using the same browser. The only difference between seeing quiz content in Saba and not is the version of Lectora used to create the quizzes. Any thoughts?

#286540 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Lazaro Perez
    Lazaro Perez
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    Group Member
    picture perfect
    advanced
    28 pts
    @sirwise23

I am not that familiar with SABA. I’m Currently on Corner Stone on Demand and was previously on Docent 6.5 (Old school right there).

I noticed the stranged thing when switching to Lectora 12 on CSoD. When you publish a course on CSoD it gives an option for Compatibilty view. You can actually set right on the course publish options that it should be set to IE7, 8, 9 or 10 compatability.

Lectora 11 didn’t matter, I could leave it at 7 which was the default and everything was fine. When I upgraded to Lectora 12, my courses stopped working in IE. Worked OK in Chrome and FireFox but not in any version of IE.

After some investigating I found that setting the compatibilty view on the LMS side for the course itself to IE9 or IE10 fixed the issue. The course still worked fine in IE8 after I set this, but without this the screen would just be blank.

I can investigate the .js files when i have more time but for now, if your LMS has some Compatibilty option like this, see if that helps.

#286556 Score: 0
    Profile photo of rwalters
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

I am still having issues. I installed Lectora 11, then Lectora 12 to a different directory and it still overwrote Lectora 11. I cannot get ahold of support on the phone and can’t wait 24 hours for an email response. I can’t get any work done as Lectora 12 is producing the same errors and I can’t reinstall Lectora 11 as it won’t take my serial number again. Can somebody please get back to me? This is urgent as I have to make updates to our training material.

#286564 Score: 0
    Profile photo of samc36
    samc36
    @samc36

I’m currently finding an issue where I cannot delete table rows or cells.

I just wish Lectora was more of a polished program, resembling a tried and tested program in usability, like Photoshop.

#286539 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Lazaro Perez
    Lazaro Perez
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    Group Member
    picture perfect
    advanced
    28 pts
    @sirwise23

@samc36 63188 wrote:

I’m currently finding an issue where I cannot delete table rows or cells.

I just wish Lectora was more of a polished program, resembling a tried and tested program in usability, like Photoshop.

Yes, I do have to say that every time they have a major upgrade, things seem to be rather untested. I would understand obscure things slipping by but things like text looking off in a version of IE… again (The same issue existed when Lectora 11 launced) shouldn’t happen.

However, something to remember is that Adobe has A LOT more money to put into product testing and creating an image is not the same as creating an interactive web based project. For all the amazing things you can create in photoshop that end result is nothing more than one simple object that would go into an entire Lectora project. Something that publishes out for the web has a LOT more coding to working about and user hardware to account for.

I try to cut them some slack but maybe the better program needs to incluse a lot more customers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.