Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions Usability on phones-messageboxes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    41 pts
    @CarlFink

Hi,

So I’m developing more and more for phones. A lot of my PC-based designs use the Action “Display Message”. It works fine on larger screens (tablet or PC) but on a phone, the text is minuscule and very hard to read. In a responsive course, shouldn’t Lectora recognize the environment it’s in and make the text actually readable?

For the time being I can work around this by using “Display Page in Popup” instead, but that’s clunky and more time consuming. Please consider making Display Message work better on phones.

Thanks.

#446716 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    73 pts
    @wheels

For Lectora Online I believe we scale the text up. I will look into this.

We have also talked about adding configuration for dialog boxes, to adjust the look, colors, fonts, etc. It seems on mobile a dialog should fill up the screen so there is less confusion. This should also allow overrides per view.

Our workaround is to tell authors to navigate to a page. Then on the page have a close button which runs a Go to Previous Page action. Inside of a random test this may not be possible, but in general it works nicely on mobile devices.

This is written up and will be discussed more in the near future. Thanks.

#446723 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    41 pts
    @CarlFink

Your solution sounds comparable to my Display Popup, but without involving the browser’s “another tab” functionality. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.