Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Using Lectora Inspire to have user submit a question to Stakeholder

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Niomi Rosenberg
    Niomi Rosenberg
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    @nrosenberg2262

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up feedback to the client from the users.  The user needs to type a response to a question.

Then the user hits a submit button and the response should go to an email address and automatically be sent.

How can I do this?

Thank you for your help.

#399825 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman
    Zachary Liquorman
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    8 pts
    @zliquorman1276

Hi Niomi,

The feature to send an email to a specified address with survey/quiz/variable data does not currently work in Lectora Inspire. It stopped working when Lectora stopped supporting a Flash-version of the application (I forget how many versions ago this was). I seem to recall someone from Trivantis mentioned that they’ve intentionally left the button in the Lectora application because they may try to re-address and fix this at some point.

For now though, there are many other methods to transfer survey data.

So, let’s start with the first step: Where is/will your content be hosted? Is it on an LMS? A server run by your company (or rather, your client’s company)? Both? Or will it be hosted on a third-party site separate from you and your client’s servers?

Based on your question, I take it you have simply set up a survey in Lectora that the user will answer? If that’s the case, you’ve already simplified the problem to an extent, because Lectora’s surveys are set in such a way to package the responses to be ready for transfer without any additional work needed from your end.

This is where it gets tricky though. When you’re not working for a client in-house, you still need a programmer/IT person who works with server-side scripting for the client to work with you to set up a data transfer. They can go over options with you, but a CGI will likely be the simplest solution, and they’ll still need to set up a database to collect the information (in all likelihood).

See this topic for more info: https://trivantis.com/help/Lectora/17/ENG/Lectora_Help/Content/5010.html

Most e-learning software, Lectora included, are designed to work easiest when the published content is being hosted by the same group that will be reading/collecting the data, whether it’s on an LMS or your own company’s servers.

Lectora being Javascript-based makes it completely flexible to work with almost any other other situation though (certainly moreso than any other e-learning software I’ve ever seen).

However, all of this usually requires back-end programming experience, and it seems a lot of e-learning designers don’t have this, hence why you’ll likely need to work with someone on the back-end programming team for your client.

#399830 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Niomi Rosenberg
    Niomi Rosenberg
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    @nrosenberg2262

Thank you Zachary.

It will be on an LMS but through a third party.  So, I will speak with the third party about the programming for this part of the course.  Thank you so very much.  Your answer was very concise and helpful.

All the best,

Niomi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.