Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tanya Banninga
    Tanya Banninga
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @tbanninga2873

Hi there

I am in the process of creating a course that use a bit of gamification in it and have only been using Lectora Online for a few weeks now. I’m struggle to figure out how to get a points system to work properly and I was hoping for some inspiration here.

The scenario:

Each chapter show the total points accumulated so far out of a maximin (so 10 out of 100 for instance) on a dashboard plus there is a grand total of all the chapter points added up together. For this I have a variable for each chapter points and one for the total.

This displays fine on the dashboard for the chapter variables, but I’m not sure what is the best approach to add them all up in the total variable…I could add the chapter variable one by one to the total variable or perhaps have the points added to both the chapter variable and the total variable in the action? Or is there an easier way?

You get points for completing certain actions like a quiz, or drag and drop and other interactive activities. My major issue here is that I get points everytime the user does the action, because the action has been set to change the variable on user click. Is there any way I can make this only count once?  I need this because the course is made up in such a way that the user can go back to sections they have already been.

Thanks for your help!

Tanya

#411487 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    106 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Conditions is the way to go…. If…then…else…
    If you need more specific help i can make a sample.

Regards,

Math

#411574 Score: 0
    Tanya Banninga
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @tbanninga2873

Thanks Math

I’d appreciate a sample. I’ve looked at the variables and I’m struggling to figure out how to make it work properly.

Regards

Tanya

#411642 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    106 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Hi Tanya,

Last evening mocked up sort of a sample showing 2 methods of how to do this in Lectora Online.
    One option is disabling your button(s)/element(s) in the interactivity/exercise after doing it once..the other is using conditions on it. Showing both in this package. Whether one of those fits your scenario i cannot say for certain. If not, i would need a sample of your setup in Lectora Online too, to check whether conditions or some other method is valid to get it to do what you want.

Well here it is.. 😉
    Kind regards and enjoy your day,
    Math

This post has received 2 votes up.
    Attachments:
    1. Conditions.pkg
    #411646 Score: 0
    Tanya Banninga
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @tbanninga2873

Thanks Math! That has given me the logic I could not get my head around. You’re a life saver 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.