Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Flavia Cioanca
    Flavia Cioanca
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @fcioanca7805

Hi,

We are in the process of making our courses compliant with WCAG 2.0 Levels A and AA, and we need some help, since this is quite new. We are using popup windows to display more details on certain topics, and we were looking into adding an action to allow users to close these popup windows using the keyboard, and go back to the main page. I have tried adding different actions, but not with the desired result. I cannot seem to find a way to use a keystroke to close the popup.

Your help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Flavia

#390058 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    32 pts
    @wheels

Hi Flavia,

Are you using lightbox popups or new windows?  It is surprising that a simple keystroke trigger on an action that would close the window isn’t working.  Is that what you are trying?  What browser, and what key are you triggering on?

– Joe

#390455 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Flavia Cioanca
    Flavia Cioanca
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @fcioanca7805

Hi Joe,

Since the Web Accessibility Settings are enabled, Lightbox pop ups are disabled by default. I am using Chrome version 64.0.3282.186 (64-bit), and I assigned at the pop up page level an action On C keystroke exit/close window. I also tried On C Go to last page visited. None of these actions do anything, whether I am in Run Mode, using ReviewLink, or publishing on our LMS.

Thank you,

Flavia

#391306 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    32 pts
    @wheels

Hi Flavia,

We will look into this, sorry I missed your reply.  We do recommend as a best practice for mobile enabled courses to navigate to a “popup” page in the same window (a normal Goto), then have a Goto Last Visited Page to simulate closing “the popup” and going back to the previous page.

Using an On Keystroke action in the popup did work for closing the popup.  I had disinherited all items and only had the action and a text block on the page.

– Joe

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.