Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Using themes to create content for different sized platforms – objects disappear

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stephen Taylor
    Stephen Taylor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    entry
    entry
    2 pts
    @cotterpin

Hiya,

I have been investigating how useful it would be to use themes to be able to create content for different sized platforms (desktop, iPad, smart phones). If I can get it to work I will maybe investigate creating my own custom themes.
    I do have a couple of questions, however, before I proceed too far which I am hoping the splendid people on this forum will be able to help me with.

First of all, a general question. What are other people’s experiences in using themes to create the same content for different platforms?

Secondly, a more specific question. I have noticed that when I create a Lectora title in one size and then save it as another size, some of the images and objects disappear!

The steps I am taking are as follows:
    I create a new title and apply a theme to it.
    I save the file
    I resave the file as a separate Lectora title
    In this version I apply a different size to the title (eg 320×416)
    For the moment everything looks okay.
    I save the file.
    The header, footer and button images disappear!
    I check in the images folder for the title and they have gone.
    I apply a different theme – the objects appear on the screen and the images folder. When I click save they disappear again.

As anybody else experienced this? I am using Lectora 11.0

Thanks in advance for any help

Stephen

#286396 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Melissa Dougherty
    Melissa Dougherty
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    @merceg

Your items are probably still there, it is just that their locations are off the viewable page now since you resized it. Just click on them in the title explorer pane on the left-hand side of your title, click on their properties and then the position and size tab and make their coordinates 0,0 and you should see the object so that you can then drag it to where you need it to be on the resized page.

#286397 Score: 0
    Stephen Taylor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    entry
    entry
    2 pts
    @cotterpin

Hi Melissa,
    Thanks for this. I have checked and the actual items have disappeared. The object is displayed in place on the screen and in the Title Explorer but the associated image is deleted from the images folder. When I close the Lectora title and re-open it I am prompted to browse for these images.
    It’s a shame if this is an issue with Themes as it would be quite a useful way to create content for use on multiple platforms – if it worked!
    Best wishes
    Stephen

#286398 Score: 0
    Stephen Taylor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    entry
    entry
    2 pts
    @cotterpin

Hiya,
    Just to let you all know that this issue appears to be resolved simply by upgrading to the latest version of Lectora. I am now running 11.3.2 and the problem does not appear to be occurring any more.
    I am however experiencing another problem relating to creating custom themes but I will start a new thread on that subject.
    Best wishes
    Stephen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.