Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers v16 – audio play issues

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Erica Hunter
    Erica Hunter
    beginner
    intermediate
    verified member
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    3 pts
    @beeps

Hi Everyone,

I have a v16 training with audio embedded. When running it in preview in Lectora, it often crashes and gives me a “Awesomium Renderer has stopped working.” I’ve attached a screenshot below. I haven’t had problems when I publish to HTML but I like to use preview to confirm the clips are placed as expected before I publish.

On an additional note, it also places a horrible static noise at the end of each clip. These don’t publish out so they don’t bother me too much.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the audio running smoother?

Attachments:
    #316950 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

What file type are you running? I know the player works best if audio files are converted to MP3.  Is the file quite large?

#316954 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Erica Hunter
    Erica Hunter
    beginner
    intermediate
    verified member
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    3 pts
    @beeps

The files are .wav and not that big. I had them set to convert to MP3 when publishing. Oddly enough, I unchecked the “convert to MP3” in the publish options and the “stopped working” alert only shows when I pop out of preview mode.

I’m also finding that it is publishing faster w/out converting the files (I guess I didn’t mention that problem earlier—that it didn’t want to publish with the files converting…)

#316986 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Hmmm…sounds like an encoding error.  I would suggest contacting support.  You can either contact them by sending an email to support@trivantis.com or selecting the button on the right hand side of screen under the active members list.

#327980 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Keith Cook
    Keith Cook
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    @kcook6520

I have a similar issue but without the notification…

I have a Lectora 16 project for which I have created voice-over segments in Ableton (Audio Recording Software). I’ve exported these segments as WAV files and then tried to import them into my presentation.

At first attempt the WAV files just wont play – either by clicking play on the player or by using an action to trigger them playing (which is what I intend to do in my presentation)

Then, when I choose the Right-click option of “Convert to MP3”, even at the lowest compression (which should give you the highest quality MP3 Audio) the audio file is essentially destroyed and all I get is static!!!

Any thoughts on why Lectora is massacring my audio files?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.