Working on a title in Lectora 16.2.2 i notice this behaviour.
I have several assesments/tests in a title.
At some point i show the score(s) achieved in those assesments by calling the variable(s).
– ChangeContents -> Set Text -> Var(Assesment1_Score)
This all works perfect.
If i now change the title of any of my assesments… eg.
The variables change along accordingly…almost everything internally changes along with the namechange of my test.. except……
My ChangeContents action… i have to walk through the title and manually replace everywhere i used Var(Assesment2_Score) to Var(Assesment2A_Score)
So i am not sure whether this is still the same in Lectora 17. But wouldn’t it be nice if any action calling a specific variable would change too automatically when changing that….
The reason this occurs is that when we introduced the convenience of in-line variable replacement – so that you can put a variable into a text string, such as “Hello, VAR(Name)” – Lectora/Lectora Online view that information as plain text, until the title is run. At that time it recognizes it as a variable because of the VAR() syntax. So when you are editing and change the name of your variable, Lectora/Lectora Online does not see that as a variable yet and therefore does not change it.
You are using: ChangeContents -> Target Text block, Value -> Set Text, Text -> Var(Assesment1_Score)
If you use: ChangeContents -> Target Text block, Value -> Var(Assesment1_Score)
… (not “Set Text”) you’ll be okay when the variable name changes.
This post has received 1 vote up.
This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Daryl Fleary.