Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Variable History – where are offline variables stored?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of The AV-ator
    The AV-ator
    advanced
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    12 pts
    @TheAv-ator

Hopefully quick question…

Where are temporary variables stored when you preview a course while you’re working on it, and by extension, where are the ones stored when you run an executable version of an offline published course?

I’m running into issues where I have built a course and in the process have previewed the course or sections/pages of it during development. When I publish the course and try testing it, many of my variables are coming up as completed or containing the correct values and allowing me to test a “new” user would see it.

How can I get rid of that “variable history”?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of The AV-ator The AV-ator.
    #308995 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

The best way is to include a “reset all variables” action somewhere on your course. In fact, you can build a whole “admin panel” that is available to you via a secret shortcut. Read this amazing series: http://trivantis.com/blog/Downright-Sneaky-Lectora-Tricks-Part-5-Creating-a-MORE-SECRET-Secret-Passageway

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.