Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Variable Images in Drag and Drop questions?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Megan Gesing
    Megan Gesing
    beginner
    intermediate
    1 pt
    @Megtastic

Hi there!

I’m working on a course that has users choose elements to design a good ad.  They go through 4 pages choosing the logo they want to use, a headline, etc.  On the last page they have an opportunity to manipulate those elements and actually make their ad (the goal is for salespeople to create rough drafts of ads before submitting to creative teams).  I’m trying to figure out the best way to set this up in Lectora.  Here’s how it’s set up so far:

1. On each page, when they choose the element, a specific variable is set so we know what element was selected.

2. On the last page, I created a drag and drop question with all of the element choices included as drag options. I marked them all as “initially hidden.”  Ideally, I’d set actions that show specific Choice images based on what the variables are set to, but the choices don’t appear as options in the actions menu.

Is there anyway I can do this – basically have “variable” images for the drag and drop?  Am I missing something really obvious?  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  If anyone is feeling particularly ambitions, I saved that section of my course as a library object and attached it to here. Feel free to play around with it!

Thanks in advance,

Megan

#297362 Score: 0
    Megan Gesing
    beginner
    intermediate
    1 pt
    @Megtastic

Here’s the attachment!

Attachments:
    1. Building-an-Ad.awo
    #297397 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

I’m trying to drop the AWO into Lectora 12.1.1 but nothing is happening. Is it from a different Lectora version?

Anyways, you can show and hide the draggable images via JavaScript. So instead of a “normal” action where you’d choose “Show” and then point it to the image (which doesn’t come up in the list since it’s part of a question), you create an action to “Run JavaScript” and enter the following code:

image46.actionShow();

where “image46” is the HTML name of your image. You can see the HTML names of the images by clicking on a very small arrow in the left side of the image Properties tab.

Hope this helps!

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #297427 Score: 0
    Megan Gesing
    beginner
    intermediate
    1 pt
    @Megtastic

Hi Sergey!

This worked like a charm.  Thanks so much for your quick response!

As sort of a side/follow up question – now that I can make the images show/hide how I want, I seem to be having a problem with the layering – for example, image A is layered on top of image B.  Image A is hidden, image B is shown.  I can’t move image B because it is “covered” by image A even thought it’s not being shown… Logically this makes sense to me, but I have a real estate issue with the actual course space.  Each image shown is from a different group of images and I had hoped to layer those groups on top of each other to save space.  Is there something I can do to make this work?

Also, I don’t know what happened with the library object… I have 12.1.1 also.  :-/

Thanks again to Sergey and in advance to anyone else who can help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.