Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Version 12.2 Images Disappearing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andygrush
    andygrush
    @andygrush

When I publish a file in Lectora 12.2, and then view it in IE 11, all of the buttons, images and background graphics are gone. I have had to go back to Lectora 11 because 12 won’t work in IE 11.

#294950 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Adam Leibler
    Adam Leibler
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC17 Attendee
    12 pts
    @AdamLeibler

Andy,

There were SO many changes in the back end of Lectora between 11 and 12, the two really aren’t compatible because of how those elements are built behind the scenes. Well, not backward-compatible, anyway. Let me try to explain…

That being said, you can take a title from v11 and import it into v12. Lectora 12 will create a “back up” of the v11 file with the extension of .awt12, and save the new version as simply .awt in Lectora 12 format. But, unfortunately, you can’t take a v12 project and open it in v11 because the back end needed to work with the page elements created in v12 (buttons, images with styling, etc.) just doesn’t exist in the previous version of Lectora (11 and earlier).

You would notice the same sort of “missing element” problems if you created a title in Lectora v11.3 that utilized the completion tracking check mark functionality, and then opened that title in Lectora 11.0 – those elements would disappear because the back end that supports that feature isn’t there.

Hopefully that explains why you’re having this problem… but if you need more info or have any further questions, just reply here and we’ll help you out!

– Adam

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #295091 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Laura Silver
    Laura Silver
    junior moderator
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    friend finder
    advanced
    curious george
    Group Member
    21 pts
    @lsilver

Andy,

We’re aware of an issue in Lectora 12 where images don’t display when IE11 is being run in compatibility mode – essentially acting as if it were in IE8 or earlier. You can test if this is happening to you by opening IE and selecting F12 to open the developer tools. Then select the Emulation tab and check the Document mode.

We’ve got a fix for this issue coming out in our next update, due out shortly. We’ll send an email when the update goes out, and you can review the release notes (once posted) here at that time: http://trivantis.com/service-pack-downloads/

Hope this helps.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #295115 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Leibler
    Adam Leibler
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC17 Attendee
    12 pts
    @AdamLeibler

I totally mis-read your post, didn’t I, Andy? Apologies – and thank to Laura for getting you straightened out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.