Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lnelson
    lnelson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @lnelson

Recently, I inadvertently opened my perfectly working Lectora 16 file with Lectora 18 (actually, Lectora 18 automatically opened it up and there’s no turning back it seems). When I published my file to both scorm 1.2 and html, my navigation disappeared.

I thought Lectora was supposed to save a copy of the Lectora 16 file. I can’t find it anywhere.

I’m on a tight deadline. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

#439032 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Robert Aung-Naing
    Robert Aung-Naing
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    contributor
    17 pts
    @raungnaing

In the folder where the course title lives, Lectora should have backed up the previous version file (.awt file to .awt16.2.2). You should be able to rename the .awt16.2.2 to .awt and open it with Lectora 16.

Here are the detail steps:

• This assumes that you have both Lectora versions 16 and 18 installed in your computer.
    • Exit the Lectora 18 if it’s running.
    • From Windows Explorer, backup the entire title folder (make a copy of the folder — and/or — zip up the folder). This is the folder where the .awt file is. It may also have sub-folders such as: images, html, scorm, extern. (Note that if your Windows Explorer is configured to not show file extensions, you may not see .awt after the file name)
    • After backing up, you need to rename a couple of files. There should be a .awt and .awt16.2.2 files. For example if your title name is “MyTitle” then there should be MyTitle.awt and MyTitle.awt16.2.2.
    • Rename MyTitle.awt to MyTitle.awt.18 (since this is the Lectora 18 version file)
    • Rename MyTitle.awt.16.2.2 to MyTitle.awt (put back the Lectora 16 version)
    • Now, from Windows Start menu, launch Lectora 16. (this is necessary because just by double clicking the awt file will bring up Lectora 18)
    • Then Browse and open MyTitle.awt.
    #439036 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lnelson
    lnelson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @lnelson

Thanks so much for reaching out. I have both Lectora 16 and 18 installed on my work P.C. Windows is configured to show all file extensions.

I followed your steps.

1. Copied the folder with the .awt file and all supporting files to a new location on my PC (and created a zip file).

Unfortunately, all I have is MyTitle.awt. There is no file entitled MyTitle.awt.16.2.2. All that exists in this copied folder is Mytitle.awt and MyTitle.awt18.2.1

Looks like Lectora 18 gobbled up everything and left no backup of version 16.2.2!

Linda

#439103 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Holland
    John Holland
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    3 pts
    @jholland.6843

John here, from the Customer Support team at Trivantis. I’d like to help you with your issue, probably with a screen share or by looking at the zip file you created. Please send an email to support@trivantis.com with subject “Versioning issues going from Lectora 16 to 18” and we can work together to solve your issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.