Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions Visited State for Buttons

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of approg
    approg
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    22 pts
    @approg

Dang, the URL should’ve been without the crud on the end
    Mimic Captivate’s smart object

#365219 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    129 pts
    @mnotermans5114

I am surprised why people complain about this. Its so easy to overcome by either creating a group with images or by use of CSS or Javascript.  Especially when you want your hotspot different then your image, your way better of with the workflow as is in Lectora… just think out of the box and you be surprised whats possible.

#365375 Score: 0
    Profile photo of approg
    approg
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    22 pts
    @approg

It’s not that workarounds aren’t possible it’s that you have to spend time unnecessarily dealing with things that should be native to an elearning program like Lectora.

#409932 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Josefin Westlund
    Josefin Westlund
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @jwestlund6143

I agree. We just change tool to lectora and surprised that there are no visited state or clicked state that stays as long as you dont mark another one. I am used to do a lot of work arounds but now when we should follow WCAG and accessibility we want to limited the risk to make things that not work for everyone.

#446132 Score: 0
    Profile photo of jcs315
    jcs315
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jcs315

I know this is an old post, but this is still an issue. We’ve been asking for this feature for at least 5 years. Is there any hope of this being added any time soon?

#446136 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    209 pts
    @Klaatu

Prior to 2010 it was possible to use :visited to access user browser history and even enough information to guess at a persons identity, however browsers now limit the information that can be gleaned from nefariously using CSS styles (with JS and PHP) by limiting what can be styled and reported back to a server. Guess what, everything you need to have visited styled links/buttons (color, background-color, outline-color, border-color and more) has been available for ten years plus now.

Again, as great as it is this program needs serious retooling as it is getting long in the tooth. Why isn’t css grid being used? Why not use CSS buttons without the weight of graphics? Why not output industry web standard html5? Why are actions so limited? Take a look at the actions that Toolbook provided back in 2012 before it was bought by Skillsoft to be killed; to this day it still blows Inspire’s action capability out of the water and that’s natively without adding external JavaScript. Just look at what what you could easily manipulate.

eLearning Brothers has a fantastic opportunity to do what StoneCalibre didn’t, listen to your users and add the things that have been requested for years, fix the issues that have plagued users for years and finally, use and output standard HTML5.

#446170 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    41 pts
    @CarlFink

Darrell, I loved Toolbook. I actually wrote two general-purpose engineering estimation programs in it that were used for over a decade. I still kind of miss it.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.