Explore the community Forums Lectora LMS Integration Please recommend an LMS

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rwalters
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

I am trying once again to convince my employer to buy an LMS. It’s been a few years since I looked at these and there are so many now that it’s completely overwhelming. What are some good ones that work well with Lectora? Obviously there is Coursemill but I need to present a few different LMSs to them.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Profile photo of rwalters rwalters .
    #393204 Score: 0
    Profile photo of rwalters
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Do all LMSs let you upload courses? I’m confused as I tried a trial of 360Learning LMS and it seems more like content creation software than an LMS. Of course I really have no idea what an LMS should look like, but the tutorial just directs me toward content creation rather than content management.

#393239 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    199 pts
    @Klaatu

Go to Platte Canyon and check out Tracker.net.

#393861 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Carr
    Adam Carr
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    curious george
    @acarr3038

Hi Rwalters,

A decent LMS for Lectora courses is Moodle (which is actually open-sourced, meaning it’s free) – https://elearningindustry.com/directory/elearning-software/moodle

Follow the link above for more information about it.

Adam

#393866 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Carr
    Adam Carr
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    curious george
    @acarr3038

“Do all LMSs let you upload courses? I’m confused as I tried a trial of 360Learning LMS and it seems more like content creation software than an LMS. Of course I really have no idea what an LMS should look like, but the tutorial just directs me toward content creation rather than content management.”

In response to this question, an LMS should let you upload courses – usually in the form of a SCORM package (or similar) in order for performance to be tracked.

I have no experience with the 360Learning LMS, however after having a quick look at it, it does look like it is a LMS but does feature the ability to create content as well.

Adam

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.