Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Wrong page number when using table of content (TOC)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dynamind
    dynamind
    @dynamind

I have the following problem:

I have a course with a lot of content using chapters, sections and pages. I use automatic page numbering in the sections which works fine (page n of nn) but only when i enter the pages via “normal” overview pages.

I also use an automatically created “table of content” which also works fine except for the page numbering:
    When i open a page out of the TOC the counting is wrong and the numbers always to high. It looks like the counting in this case does not start at the section but counts at the complete course and looks for example like this:
    “page 135 of 33”
    which is obviously a not very helpful counting :rolleyes:

I tried some things but i really don’t know where the problem is and i also think that i am not the only one using a automatic TOC and page numbering – so maybe i have just to change one little setting (hope! :D)

Any help is appreciated…i am really helpless at the moment 🙁

#287071 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Pitman
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

This is a known bug in Lectora 11 when in Run or Preview modes and likely when you publish to executable. Publish to HTML and try it. Works fine for me.

#287074 Score: 0
    dynamind
    @dynamind

@benpitman 61196 wrote:

This is a known bug in Lectora 11 when in Run or Preview modes and likely when you publish to executable. Publish to HTML and try it. Works fine for me.

Thank you for the hint! I never checked it in my HTML export version (or it never appeared as a problem there :rolleyes:).
    But great! Problem solved! I am very happy 😉

#287072 Score: 0
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

To learn more about Lectora go to Amazon and search for “Lectora”

#287075 Score: 0
    dynamind
    @dynamind

@benpitman 61207 wrote:

To learn more about Lectora go to Amazon and search for “Lectora”

I rather learn by “doing” and i actually think lectora is – except for the “well known bugs” – quite intuitive

#287073 Score: 0
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

Experience IS the best teacher, but it is very expensive. There are a LOT of hidden things in Lectora. Sure, it is intuitive and you can do the basics very easily. But there are lots of things they don’t teach you in class and a lot of techniques that it takes years to stumble on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.