Explore the community Forums Lectora LMS Integration xAPI on TalentLMS not showing complete

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of H I
    H I
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    @hi1182

Hi,

We use TalentLMS as our LMS. It works no problem with SCORM but we decided to try out using xAPI but the completion doesn’t seem to register. I’ve asked over on their side and after some digging around the response they gave was this:

“The problem is that your package does not send the unit_id GET parameter, because it gets striped out by the js code in the <span class=”il”>xAPI</span> zip.

The bug lies in file tincanfunctions.js, line 697, the unit_id parameter is striped out because it is read as integer and not as string.”

I’ve already submitted a support ticket with Trivantis on this but my last three emails asking for an update weren’t replied to.

Currently using Lectora 18.1.4.

#429947 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Bruce Parker
    Bruce Parker
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    @bparker2032

Support is aware of this issue and we will be looking into it further early next week. Thanks for providing the information as to where the problem resides.

#430169 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Johnattan Barona
    Johnattan Barona
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    7 pts
    @jbarona9656

Hi,

I’ve modified and attached the tincanfunctions.js file so that it will now work with TalentLMS. Note I had to upload as .txt file just rename to .js after downloading.

To avoid having to replace in your publish content each time I recommend replacing it in the Lectora Install folder. Normally found “C:\Program Files (x86)\Trivantis\Lectora Inspire 18\Support Files”

The fix will be included in the next release.

Thank you for your input.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #430667 Score: 0
    Profile photo of H I
    H I
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    @hi1182

Hi,

Thank you so much. That definitely did the trick.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.