Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew Lian
    Andrew Lian
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    12 pts
    @mlapl1

Hello – lots of help needed on this one.

Working wit Lectora 17.1.1. Lectora crashes. Try to re-open file: Get 2 errors:
    (a) Error during XML parsing and
    (b) Error reading attributes.

I look in the XML file and notice there are strange characters. Looks like the file got corrupted somewhere along the way.

Any clue? Although I was backing up regularly while working the backup has been compromised.

Thanks for any ideas.
    Andrew

#381322 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    329 pts
    @timk

It’s been a while since this happened to me the last time. You can try to compare the AWT in an editor with a working file. For me these errors occured because some of the tags near the end of the file weren’t properly closed. Maybe you can correct it by copying the missing parts from the working file.

If you can share the file I can take a look as well. Sorry I don’t know a standard reliable way to solve issues like this.

#381329 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andrew Lian
    Andrew Lian
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    12 pts
    @mlapl1

Thank you Tim. Interesting information. What actually happened is that despite religiously saving my files, there was no backup of the previous save. Lectora crashed for no apparent reason and in so doing destroyed the current XML codes (or at least corrupted them – toward the end I suspect, as you said). So I had nothing to compare against except a version many hours older. In the end, I was “saved” by my automatic backup to the cloud (pcloud.com) which although it had backed up the corrupted version also maintains what it calls a “rewind” service where it stores previous versions for several hours. I was able to retrieve a working version of the file minus about 1 hour of my latest work. That enabled me to rewrite the code in a fairly short time and without too much heartache. Of course, it did not solve the XML problem (i.e. why did it happen at all?).

I had hoped that there might be some set process for fixing the XML files if something went wrong but it seems that there is not.

Thanks again.

#408408 Score: 0
    Profile photo of sol13705
    sol13705
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    @sol13705

Sadly this is an error that occurs mostly when you move the Lectora file from one folder to another. I have yet to resolve the issue and Trivantis is saying I need a Support subscription to address this issue. If anyone finds a solution, please let me know. I have checked the XML file and there are no errors, however my file is still not opening. Guess we’ll have to switch to a product with better support.

#408459 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    29 pts
    @CarlFink

I’ve only personally seen this when I was saving my Lectora files to a folder on a networked server. For whatever reason, Lectora really, really prefers local storage. I wish Trivantis would fix this problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.