Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jabc
    jabc
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    1 pt
    @jabc

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions! I think I have been doing most of what you list, but I do see some new steps toward the end. I wasn’t doing the jquery step. I will try soon and report back. I have been testing on a simple title with only a few pages.

#346460 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Justin Ball
    Justin Ball
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    entry
    wise owl
    contributor
    entry
    advanced
    LUC17 Attendee
    LUC17 Presenter
    3 pts
    @8ball

I sent the file into Trivantis to see if they can post. I can’t get the zip file to post.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Justin Ball Justin Ball.
    #346465 Score: 0
    Justin Ball
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    entry
    wise owl
    contributor
    entry
    advanced
    LUC17 Attendee
    LUC17 Presenter
    3 pts
    @8ball

trying to post one more time..

#346535 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    333 pts
    @ssneg

(deleted double posting)

#346537 Score: 0
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    333 pts
    @ssneg

Just did quick initial test with Lectora 17 and seamless publish and it appears to work.

@8ball Could you please actually share the course you tested with and the search files that you got?

#346648 Score: 0
    Justin Ball
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    entry
    wise owl
    contributor
    entry
    advanced
    LUC17 Attendee
    LUC17 Presenter
    3 pts
    @8ball

@ssneg – Yeah, I’ve tried to post the zip file from the Lectora course and every time I try the forum throws an error:
    Upload Errors:

1. Search_Top_5_Beaches.zip: File not uploaded.

Let me try again..

Looks like the same error again..

@jvalley4735 – any ideas on how to post the file?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Justin Ball Justin Ball.
    #346668 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

@8ball How big is the file?

#346672 Score: 0
    Justin Ball
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    entry
    wise owl
    contributor
    entry
    advanced
    LUC17 Attendee
    LUC17 Presenter
    3 pts
    @8ball

2.96 MB.

#346674 Score: 0
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    333 pts
    @ssneg

By the way, “Top 5 beaches” course was built in Lectora 11, back in the times when Lectora included course texts into the HTML so Zoom SE could parse them. Today, as I explained above, it won’t work since there are no texts in HTML in L17 or LO.

#346676 Score: 0
    Justin Ball
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    entry
    wise owl
    contributor
    entry
    advanced
    LUC17 Attendee
    LUC17 Presenter
    3 pts
    @8ball

I see what you mean now. I searched a term “Beach” I got search results, but looking closer at them it’s pulling from the title of the page instead of the body text.

A bit of an extra step might be to include the page text in header/meta tags so that it can be indexed. Would have to try that to see, but might be doable. (not ideal, but might work)

#346694 Score: 0
    Justin Ball
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    entry
    wise owl
    contributor
    entry
    advanced
    LUC17 Attendee
    LUC17 Presenter
    3 pts
    @8ball

Adding either the custom div or the meta tag html extension and pasting in the plain text from the page appears to be the workaround. While not an ideal solution, at least it can still work.

I’ll try to upload the file off our network. I think the firewall is blocking the upload.

I was using L17 also, it wasn’t using a prior version.

This eye opening as we haven’t made the move to L17 officially yet so we need to figure out if this workaround will be viable to do on every page on every course.

#346732 Score: 0
    Profile photo of jabc
    jabc
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    1 pt
    @jabc

Justin and Sergey, I appreciate all the discussion and testing you’ve done. I don’t think your work-around would be viable for us. I need something that finds the text from each page, title of pages, titles of PDF’s or other documents available for download, etc. I already put a transcript of each video behind the video (unseen), so a search feature can find topics discussed in videos. The current search feature I have is Flash-based and I’m looking for something that works on tablets and phones, as well. So dang, on Zoom!

#346811 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    188 pts
    @Klaatu

Sorry, been a bit busy these last few days. I looked briefly at it yesterday and I’m pretty sure it’ll work. Once you select the online source you get to choose if its a dynamically created site (as in Inspire’s) or static. I ran it on a v17.0.2 test page on a local server and the crawl seemed to work or at least it didn’t complain and fail. I now have to figure out the right way to embed the crawl (I think a web window pointed at search.php) and then upload and test. Doubt I’ll get to go any further until this weekend as I have a few deadlines to meet but this has piqued my interest. Sergey, I’m sure you’re one of the people on the forum that could get this to work. When you did your test did you see the option to select a dynamic site? Because of the way Inspire builds the page at run time, you have to run the Zoom crawl while the lesson is deployed on a server, not just from a local folder.

#346819 Score: 0
    Justin Ball
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    entry
    wise owl
    contributor
    entry
    advanced
    LUC17 Attendee
    LUC17 Presenter
    3 pts
    @8ball

We are using version 6 which may have different options, I see version 7 is the latest. putting the text into a custom div seems to work also to have the index pick up on the text.

I see that the new version does work with scanning pdf documents and other documents. the prior version 6 does, but needs additional plugins installed for it to search them.

@klaatu – the easiest way we’ve found to integrate is to iframe the search.html page into another one a the end of the course in a chapter used to hold popups and other items not in the course navigation.. then use a navigation button to launch that page. There’s probably other ways, but this was where we landed.

I tried uploading the zip file again and the forum is still blocking it. I posted to google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-WnxG7-22WuVkFfTlVweWdFSG8

#346832 Score: 0
    Justin Ball
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    entry
    wise owl
    contributor
    entry
    advanced
    LUC17 Attendee
    LUC17 Presenter
    3 pts
    @8ball

@klaatu – When I downloaded the free version 7 and ran it on my test title in spider mode it only indexed one page (the index.html page) that’s not going to work. Maybe I was using different settings than you had?

@ssneg indicated Trivantis changed the way the html page content is generated in 17, all done via JavaScript at render time. The only way I’ve been able to find a workaround is inserting a html extension as a custom div and paste the pages text in that. That seems to allow the text to be rendered like is was prior to L17, and still allow the Zoom Search indexer to pickup the text to use.

It’s a pain in the rear, but still appears to work..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.