We believe that by adding a variety of interactive eLearning experiences, you should be able to improve retention rates in an organisation, increase learner participation and achieve the goals set up for eLearning, but most importantly, make learning a fun activity regardless of the subject matter.

Course development track

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matthew Dyer
    Matthew Dyer
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    advanced
    verified member
    curious george
    3 pts
    @mdyer6171

What are the steps you take to create a new course?  What do you find to be efficient?  For example, when I’m creating ideas for a new learning game, I would take these steps.

1. What do I want to teach
    2. How long do I want to engage the user
    3. What is the game’s theme.  Fantasy, realism, etc.
    4. Create instructions
    5. Create assets
    6. Create game

Of course, this is a very simple explanation,  but thought it would be a good way to get the ball rolling.

#359768 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

I’m still very into ADDIE. I like to storyboard ahead of time if possible. Here’s a free template I created: https://www.trivantis.com/user/freebie-friday-storyboard-template/. I also like getting all of my resources together ahead of time i.e. diving into the stock photo abyss, pick colors, find videos and audio files, etc.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #359772 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Matthew Dyer
    Matthew Dyer
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    advanced
    verified member
    curious george
    3 pts
    @mdyer6171

I kind of have the same approach with assets.  I like to call it the layering approach.  I start with the bottom layer.  Which in most cases is the background.  After then, I will create the images of any kind of interactions, or images that might change.  Then I will add the actions/or action groups.  Then if called for, sound effects, or other effects to finish the page.  Again, a very simplified version.  But for me this allows me to build everything a layer at a time, and refine each layer before adding another.

#359912 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

I like that approach! It follows along with how we suggest developing which is to establish a good base on the Design ribbon and at your title level before diving into each individual page.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.