Have you ever thought about how to add additional information to your Lectora® titles, but you’re not sure how? You can easily display information to your student with Web Windows. Web Windows allow users to view external or live web resources within a title. Select from the following web sources:
- Local web-based content
- Web Address
- Page in Title
- Google Maps Location
- Wikipedia Entry
- Google Document
1. To add a web window, select the Insert ribbon and select the Web Window icon.
2. The Web Window option provides you with a variety of options which will allow you to add LIVE web resources within a title.
Select the window source from the drop-down in which you want to include within your Lectora title.
3. Once you have selected a window source, you can embed the URL or location of where the content resides. As an example, let’s say you want to embed a Google Maps Location to show your student where your company offices are located.
Within the URL you would place the address:
311 Elm Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202.
**You’re able to preview your content within this window before placing it within your Lectora work space.
4. Once you’ve embedded a web window, Lectora will provide you with a placeholder in which you can resize and style to your liking. Use the Style ribbon to add a border, border color, margin size and scroll bars.
5. The last step would be to test the functionality of the Web Window in either Run or Preview mode:
Web Windows provide you with a ton of flexibility and functionality to include within your titles. Get creative and let us know how you use Web Windows in your Lectora titles!
Subscribe to the Lectora e-Learning Blog for more Lectora how-to tutorials and tips.