When you first download Lectora Inspire or Publisher or after a major release that requires a new installation, you may notice that your AWT file is no longer associated with Lectora Inspire or Lectora Publisher. This is the case if double-clicking a Lectora AWT file does not automatically launch Lectora. You can easily associate the AWT file extension in Windows by following these steps:
Setting the Default File Association
- Make sure you have administrator privileges with your current login or switch to another login that does have admin rights.
- Right-click on any AWT file on your computer.
- Choose “Open with” from the context menu that appears.
- Then select “Choose default program…”.
- Select a program from the recommended list of programs or click Browse… to choose a program that isn’t listed. (Lectora is found by default on your C: drive> Program Files>Trivantis. Inside the Trivantis folder, you’ll find a folder (or multiple) associated to Lectora. Open the appropriate version folder you want to associate to. Then locate the Lectora.exe.
- Make sure the “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” checkbox is selected
- Click OK.
Once you’ve made a selection from the recommended list or browsed for another installed problem, that program will be the default program that opens up all of your Lectora AWT files.
Alternately you can also change the file associations with the Control Panel:
- Open the Control Panel, choose Default Programs, and then click “Associate a file type or protocol with a program”.
- Find the .AWT file type in the list and click “Change program…”.
- Continue steps 5, 6, &7 above.
Once you’ve made a selection from the recommended list or browsed for another installed problem, that program will be the default program that opens up all of your Lectora AWT files