Problem: Audio in Title does not play, plays but sounds distorted, completely errors out and crashes Lectora.
Affects: Lectora Publisher/Inspire and Lectora Online
Solution: Re-working the Audio files and re-importing them into Lectora resource manager.
So you have an older Lectora title and you want to update it. It seems simple enough… HA!. You load up your old title (produced with an older version of Lectora). You open it with Lectora 18 and find out some of the audio does not work or even crashes Lectora.
The problem is older audio files used encoders for mp3/mp4 which are now incompatible with new web standards. This procedure will allow you to repair these files, upload them to Lectora Resource Manager, and allow them to playback smoothly in your title.
- If you haven’t already, open/download and install your audio producing software ie, Adobe Audition, Logic Pro X, Audacity, FL Studio, Pro Tools, etc.
- Open your project file folder/media folder.
- Once your audio editing software is open, open/import your audio file(s) from the media folder into the audio software.
- Make your edits, i.e. cut, fade in/out, increase volume, etc.
- Format: MP3
- Bit Rate: 64 – 128 kbps
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz Stereo
- Save your audio file to a new audio folder
- Open your Lectora title
- Find the page which has the original audio file and insert your new audio.
- Insert Ribbon > Audio > Audio File > Choose file using the Browse button.
- Press OK, and delete the old audio file.
- Open the Resource Manager
- Click on the Unused Tab>
- Make sure there are no unused audio by highlighting the “Audios” section and then clicking the Remove All button at the bottom of the dialog box
- Close the dialog box
- Save the Title
- Preview the Title
!!! Important !!! Establish your target audience; keep in mind your end-user/student and their connection. Your audio (most likely) doesn’t need to be HiFi studio quality stereo. We recommend the following: